Barclays paid out!

Options
I had a letter from Barclays stating that I had had PPI on an overdraft on my current account.

I opened this account as a student 20 years ago and arranged an overdraft shortly after opening the account. No mention was made of PPI or that it was optional etc. So I put the claim in.

Today they paid out, £4.70. Now the question is how do I challenge this?It equates to 1.9p per month premium for the overdraft.

Any ideas very welcome.

Comments

• mizuno_fan
    Options
    Yes O/D very much used regularly over the 20 years, quite heavily as a student then on and off for the other years.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mizuno_fan wrote: »
    Yes O/D very much used regularly over the 20 years, quite heavily as a student then on and off for the other years.

If you have statements, send them those proving you paid more, unfortunately without documentation it's difficult - do you still have the account?
  • mizuno_fan
    Options
    I still have the account and used the O/D in the past few months.

Never had a premium on my statement so I'm assuming the premiums were included in the interest repayment, which is now a daily charge.

will see what statements I have.
  • mizuno_fan
    Options
    I have no idea. I wasn't even aware of a policy until Barclays told me about it.

I guess this means there's no chance of it being increased.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That usually means their records will be comprehensive. Are you sure this PPI wasn't cancelled years ago? This might account for the small redress sum. What have the Bank said?
    You won't get a refund of any more without proof of your own that you paid it.
    Never had a premium on my statement so I'm assuming the premiums were included in the interest repayment
    Insurance premiums were never "hidden" in the interest payments, that's a myth sponsored by claim companies. If you were paying it, the PPI would be itemised on a separate line.
    I have no idea. I wasn't even aware of a policy until Barclays told me about it.
    So ask them.
    I guess this means there's no chance of it being increased.
    Seems unlikely.
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Options
    Today they paid out, £4.70.

I got a cheque from Littlewoods/Shop Direct Group for 10p for my PPI claim.

It is still in my drawer at work.

Hope you get your situation sorted.

:)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Never had a premium on my statement so I'm assuming the premiums were included in the interest repayment, which is now a daily charge.

will see what statements I have.

Unfortunately this is a well known myth / lie from claims companies. It is impossible for PPI to be "hidden" or included in interest payments, it is a separate charge. If you didn't have a separate charge you weren't paying PPI. Is it possible you had it and cancelled it or they cancelled the policy?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure