IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I Ignored My PCN

Options
On a friends advise I just ignored my PCN but on getting further knowledge I see this is not the best idea.
The stage I am at is about the third letter from BW Legal who appear to be debt recovery solicitors.
The original notice was from Vehicle Control Services Ltd.
Obviously at this stage they are threatening County Court action.
One thing I noticed on their letter is that an IAS has already dismissed my appeal.
To me where I parked was just a street no yellow lines but yes they had signs 2 metres up the wall which were pointed out to me on receiving my ticket.
The ticket states I was there ten minutes and the fine was £60 now with extra charges etc they want £154.00
The one thing I can see that I in my favour is that they've got the street wrong I was parked in Palatine St Nottingham and they have me in Woodsend Wharf Nottingham.
Please could you advise of the best way to pursue this or fire me in the direction of a suitable template.
Thanks Gary

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you need to respond to BW LEGAL using one of the reply letters by member GAN over on pepipoo forums
  • gary1962
    Options
    Ive found his member profile but it's a nightmare trying to find any letters he's posted
  • Redx
    Options
    use the forum search box on here and over there, find the recent ones

BW LEGAL £54

is a good start
  • gary1962
    Options
    I'm not really having much luck on there as I cant create a new thread for some reason and cant find anything to suit my needs.
    Could someone actually help instead of just sending me elswere?
  • BobQ
    BobQ Posts: 11,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gary1962 wrote: »
    I'm not really having much luck on there as I cant create a new thread for some reason and cant find anything to suit my needs.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=Search&nav=au&CODE=show&searchid=77a0ce9ebf4af95ab13e6507e3a70617&search_in=posts&result_type=posts

Look at GAN's posts. You have to do some work yourself.

Seems to me that your defence is that the PCN contained the wrong street.
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,688 Forumite
    Options

Are you struggling to register there, or have you registered, been accepted and then not able to start a new thread?

If it's the former - struggling to register - please note that a hotmail or outlook email won't work.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    edited 20 August 2016 at 10:22PM
    Options
    the GAN letters have been reproduced on here in various BW LEGAL threads , plus I did tell you to use the forum search box on here as well , with suitable search words given too

as BobQ says , do some of the work yourself, we may point you towards what you need , then you do the final bit, including research

ps:- I registered on ppp using gmail and had no problems whatsoever
  • gary1962
    Options
    I guess that's he isue on PPP I'm using a hotmail address. I have no problem hunting around its just frustrating trying to find some help suitable to my needs as each case seams quite different.
  • Redx
    edited 21 August 2016 at 3:32PM
    Options

1) I guess that's he isue on PPP I'm using a hotmail address.

2) I have no problem hunting around

its just frustrating trying to find some help suitable to my needs as each case seams quite different.

1) so use a gmail address instead

2) good , do the hunting

your "case" is no different to any other debt collector case

example

1) EXCEL (or VCS , or CEL or UKPC or UKCPS or some other PPC) issued a pcn , an invoice , ( or several ) sometime in the last 6 years

this invoice just happens to be for a parking infringement but could have been for an unpaid bill for some other "service"

2) this was ignored , not paid , so they chased it up , again - ignored

3) they gave it to debt collectors to chase up , again - ignored

4) the debt collectors may have used legal headed paper purporting to come from a solicitor to chase the debt up - again - ignored

5) they gave it to a solicitors/legal firm to chase up - again ignored

6) the solicitors then send out a letter that may or may not be an LBC but should be treated as one , so a debt is denied letter is sent back
    (which GAN is especially adept at composing)

7) an MCOL will follow if point 6) above is ignored

all the above is for an alleged debt , the invoice , plus they may try to add costs on as well, because everybody wants their pound of flesh

now ask yourself this question or these questions

how is any of the scenario above different for you compared to the hundreds or thousands of other debt collector threads we see and pepipoo see each year for the last decade ?

they are all invoices

they were all ignored (or debt denied)

they are currently evolving into what amounts to an LBC

if that is ignored they are evolving into an MCOL (on an industrial scale) which normally is issued by the Northampton bulk centre (very rare do we see any from Salford)

in your case the "fine" , (not a fine , but an invoice) was actually £100 and reduced to £60 for early payment (but was always £100) is being chased by BW LEGAL plus they added their cut of £54 on as well, hence the invoice you now have for £154

which is why when you asked to be fired at a "template" I said use the search words BW LEGAL £54 to find GAN letters which are "templates" you can use to be "fired" at the people writing letters to you

I also told you to use the search terms on THIS FORUM as well as PEPIPOO forums, because the GAN letters have been reproduced on BOTH FORUMS

like this thread over there

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=107904

now if you think this is hard, wait until you get an MCOL from Northampton and you have to use both forums to search for current cases that you can adapt into your own drafts for the holding defence , the part 18 request and later down the line , the FULL defence

being able to search both forums will become paramount to defending your "case" (not appealing, because its too late to appeal)

you should also edit post #1 so any PPC or solicitor reading it has no idea who the "driver" was

so any account of "what happened" should say what the "driver" may have done or not done, nobody else needs to be mentioned , only what the "keeper" has received in the post and what "the driver" may have done , using those exact words

please note , I have written out the above to educate you as new to the process, not to "patronise" you , it will also help others who read this thread and act upon it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport