A bipolar spending spree of £131,000,000

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.

Comments

• tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    I do hope the lady talked about in such depth in your article has given her consent to her case being highlighted in such a public way (and is well enough to give her consent). There is more than enough quite specific information there, that if she came across the story, it would be quite clear that it was her who is being talked about.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tomtontom wrote: »
    I do hope the lady talked about in such depth in your article has given her consent to her case being highlighted in such a public way (and is well enough to give her consent). There is more than enough quite specific information there, that if she came across the story, it would be quite clear that it was her who is being talked about.

I think you may have missed this bit in the blog...

"I have his permission to share it with you – but not the person it is about. So, I have changed some facts to mask their identity, whilst retaining the flavour of the story. However, so you can identify them, I haven’t changed the names of the firms mentioned."
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    It's great that you are shining a light on mental health and the link to debt.

For me, i racked up the credit card debt when i had to half my hours at work to care for my son more, as his mental health means he cannot attend school (he is 16 now, has been out of school for a year).

Luckily, he is now getting PIP, but i have spent the last 12 months putting essential expenses on my credit card :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure