Topcashback Sweet Treats

Options
Is anyone else having trouble with it? It will only let me find the daily clue sweet treat. I was browsing for half an hour yesterday and it didn't pop up a single random treat, and it appears to be doing the same today :-(

Comments

• Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    First can I say a chat thread for this competition is a great idea.

There are more than just the clue one to be found - they have said on their facebook wall there are random ones too. I have found two today so far and I haven't really been looking.
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • bbdiva1977
    Options
    nike and asos working for some today
  • funkyfreks
    Options
    I found one on TheWorks - I clicked through to the site though because I wanted to buy something anyway... hope this helps!
    :starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod:
    May good luck be your friend in whatever you do and may trouble be always a stranger to you.
  • lolamia
    lolamia Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    CK1223 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble with it? It will only let me find the daily clue sweet treat. I was browsing for half an hour yesterday and it didn't pop up a single random treat, and it appears to be doing the same today :-(

Yes I found 5 easy yesterday but been browsing all morning and nothing!
    Thanks to everyone's hard work in posting comps, and good luck to all :T An iPad A years supply of fudge A book Balance Festival tickets A set of recycled plant pots A £500 nights stay in Chelsea Thanks to everyone
  • JesElis
    JesElis Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    There does seem to be an element of randomness to where the birds are. Evidently some people find them on the same pages yet others clearly don't. Maybe there's a set number of times it appears on any one page, or set timings, which could explain that.

There are a couple of examples above where folk have seen one on 'Nike & The Works', yet neither has had a bird pop up for me. It's a fun game though & I've collected several sweet treats but not enough for a full set, yet :)
  • funkyfreks
    Options
    I also found yesterday that I was browsing for ages with no luck, but when I deleted my history and went back, one popped up on ebay... I don't think there are any hard or fast rules... but who knows, if we can help each other out a little in the meantime, cause I'm running out of things to look for.
    May good luck be your friend in whatever you do and may trouble be always a stranger to you.
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    Options
    Yesterday I was getting one about every 20 retailers, until I had 4, then checked another 50 retailers, but found nothing so quit.

Today I found 1 on the first retailer I clicked on and have since checked 100 retailers (including those mentioned by other posters) and found nothing else :(
  • missnat81
    Options
    today was the first day I did it.... I found 5
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happened to come across this today:
    To: Programming team leader
    Re: Christmas promotion

I want to thank and congratulate you for the excellent work on this years hummingbird hunt. Thousands of punters are spending hours browsing the site in the vain hope of finding another hummingbird. It was pure genius to let them find multiple birds over the first few days to get them thinking there would always be more to find. They never seemed to realise that there was a maximum rolling total that the programme wouldn't let them exceed, and that those who play every day would soon be reduced to finding only the one from the daily clue (except for the "bonus" days when we will let them have a couple more to keep them motivated).

I see you have continued previous years practice in that virtually everyone will have found 3 jelly bears and 3 bon bons half way through the promotion and it will drive them crazy trying to find the fourth, when we know that only three people will be allowed to do this, and that will be on the last couple of days of the promotion.

I see from redacted's report that the promotion is driving the punters totally crazy on that well known forum for skinflints © - which, of course, is a major bonus.

Keep up the good work,
    redacted
  • Lucky_Loo
    Options
    My daily clue is showing a white A in a lack circle and a red and white life ring (like the kind you would get on the side of a boat!)

Any ideas??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport