How long does USPS tracking stay on the system?

Options
Basically purchased an item through USPS worth more than £200, i have the tracking number but it appears to have stopped at a sorting facility and then never updated, was posted just over a month ago and i still do not have it, seller says they are happy to refund if they get it back, i am happy to wait a little longer but i understand it is much easier to make a case if the tracking is viewable online, does it get taken off eventually?

Comments

• The_ICT_Engineer
    Options
    Normally about six months
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,373 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tarloweh wrote: »
    Basically purchased an item through USPS worth more than £200, i have the tracking number but it appears to have stopped at a sorting facility and then never updated, was posted just over a month ago and i still do not have it, seller says they are happy to refund if they get it back, i am happy to wait a little longer but i understand it is much easier to make a case if the tracking is viewable online, does it get taken off eventually?

If this was either an ebay item or a paypal paid item I would still get a claim in before you run out of time. Sellers can be very reasonable and very comforting, but if they don't get it back suddenly decide it is the buyers problem- which it is not.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport