MSE News: Large energy suppliers must include QR codes on bills to help switching

From today, energy suppliers with 50,000+ customers will need to include QR codes on bills to help users compare tariffs...
Read the full story:

Large energy suppliers must include QR codes on bills to help switching

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• It would be much more useful if the government were to require the energy companies to advertise their prices on a site like Ebay or Amazon. Standing charges should be quoted as an annual figure rather than a daily figure, and they should be the same across all tariffs. Estimates of annual bills could continue to be available for people who cannot do simple arithmetic.

Energy suppliers who were not completely 'straight' with their customers, or who failed to respond immediately to a customer's query, would rapidly be removed from the Ebay/Amazon type site.
    mad mocs - the pavement worrier
  • geerex
    geerex Posts: 785 Forumite
    QR codes... Wow. Useful for the three people that use them I guess.
  • geerex wrote: »
    QR codes... Wow. Useful for the three people that use them I guess.
    Yes, I would say that this is actually a good way to claim that information is being provided when in reality it is just as inaccessible as ever.

Whoever suggested this is not really helping the consumer, they are just providing a smoke screen. It is idiotic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure