PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 14th June 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks redruby, I will have a look. Hope your Mum has a ball.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Been raining heavily here all morning,got very wet on the dog walk so a lovely wet dog aroma hanging around.Very few people out while we were.

DS1 is still in bed,didnt come home from a (rare) night out till 5 & looked a bit rough when I met him on the landing.He might surface when DH starts knocking the rest of the stone kitchen wall out :D

Went to get a part for the bathroom yesterday and stopped at a big supermarket,they had a lot of ys things,bought a couple but with the small temp fridge there was no point going mad.At least I'm stocked up for a few days now.

My Uncle who is a retired joiner has made us a lovely garden gate which he put on on Friday,and DH painted it yesterday.At least I know there is a bit of a barrier if lyla got out.Mind you she could probably clear it if she jumped,I'm teaching her to'wait' a few steps back while I open it so hopefully she won't think about it ;)

Tea tonight is a ys turkey joint ,so will do that in the remoska & some prepared spuds that can go in the mini oven,frozen veg.I keep telling myself not to feel guilty for using some prepared food/meals but I am limited as to what I can do without a kitchen.Whats more annoying is that DH & DS1 seem to be enjoying the ready made stuff :p Perhaps I had got in a bit of a rut mealwise before we moved :o

Right,off to look at kitchens on pinterest :DHave a good day everyone x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

hope the weather has brightened up for you all cause ive got glorious sunshine here! :D We didnt have the thunder and lightening we were were promised thankfully.

Had a lie in this morning with He Who Works. He was playing around with his tablet looking for cheaper mobile phone tariffs and i was wondering if it was possible to lower both our broadband costs. We had a good deal last November on the broadband but it doesnt hurt to look for when the contract is up... The same with our mobiles. Youngest will be paying for his own mobile when the contract is up for renewal... thats a start anyway.

Off out this afternoon. Not sure where.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    There's a craft fair at an hotel about five miles away which I'll go to today. Sometimes these things aren't always too good but I've heard that this one is much better.

Been and didn't buy anything. It only had two stalls which I hadn't seen before and they had nothing under £50.00. :eek: So I didn't bother apart from entering the sweepstake for the RNLI.

Sun has gone away, cloudy now but still. Birds are singing their heads off, wish I knew what they were, and I'm about to sit outside and enjoy the peace.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Just about to take DGS2 and DGD2 to see DD4 when a strange car drove in.......containing DD3 and her partner all the way from Perth.....I did know that her partner was coming for a holiday, but she arrived as a present for my birthday, she also brought me 5 Australian knitting /crochet magazines......just a bit different to what is available here so she has a standing order to bring some when she comes.

DD4 in good form, babies are now almost 900g each, so doing well.

Am really too excited by DDs arrival to concentrate on anything else, good wishes to all for a pleasant weekend! Talk tomorrow when I have calmed down.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tru wrote: »
    Scampi was walked into reception and really nervously looked at the people nearest to him. He looked at us, then the other couple, then quickly turned back to us – his ears went up and he dived over (as much as his lead would allow!) and it's like he thought “ooooh you came back, love you love you love you” and he spent a few minutes madly licking our faces :D
    Awww, bless him!:D As he's a rescue dog, maybe it was going through his little doggish mind that he was going to have to get used to new humans again, perhaps? So seeing "his" humans back to collect him must have been lovely for him.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • wealthygirl
    wealthygirl Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,

Not been on for a few days, so sorry to read your news hilstep, my condolences.

Hugs to everyone who needs one.

Well yesterday, was the day of DD's birthday/end of exam party:eek:

It actually went quite well, we had 20 in total with 10 from her Ch@tham school and the rest from her old school. The ones from her old school were a mix of boys and girls who all stayed over. Rather a lot was drunk!! and we did a bbq with far too much food. The local girls all left quite early, not sure what they made of the party, but hope they enjoyed it, my DD couldn't get them to join in with the dancing and rather loud singing.:D Despite the ones who stayed not going to sleep til about 3.00 am they all got up about 10.00am. We did a breakfast of bacon sarnies and croissants and then they alll left about 12.30pm.

We have been clearing up and I now have my house back to normal except DH decided we need to sort out all the boxes we have from last year when we moved:eek: So much to go to the Charity Shop.

Just having a chicken and veg stew from the freezer with some left overs from yesterday. Just going to relax this evening and go to bed early as DD is back at school tomorrow and I have work.

Have a good evening everyone. Hugs to all. x
    SPC 11 #445
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Meanmarie

How wonderful!

Enjoy the family!
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What a lovely surprise MM, hope you have lots of fun!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    meanmarie wrote: »
    Afternoon all,

Just about to take DGS2 and DGD2 to see DD4 when a strange car drove in.......containing DD3 and her partner all the way from Perth.....I did know that her partner was coming for a holiday, but she arrived as a present for my birthday, she also brought me 5 Australian knitting /crochet magazines......just a bit different to what is available here so she has a standing order to bring some when she comes.

DD4 in good form, babies are now almost 900g each, so doing well.

Am really too excited by DDs arrival to concentrate on anything else, good wishes to all for a pleasant weekend! Talk tomorrow when I have calmed down.

Marie

Lovely to hear your news.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family