RE everyone being blocked from liking and sharing on FB

Options

Comments

• jaibaby
    jaibaby Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lukki_Lu wrote: »
    Tbh I think it may be a good thing in the long run for us, as it will mean that all those businesses who ask you to share to enter (against fb rules) will have to stop that, knowing that many people can't share..

I highly doubt it, especially as it never stopped them before when it was actually against FB rules to ask to share for an entry!

There are rumours flying around that it has happened if you entered a certain comp as it was a virus, but no one seems to know what comp! :mad:
    Thanks to all posters :A
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've just posted on the other Facebook post.

I was blocked from sharing a writing competition blog post from a page I manage, to my personal page.

I probably enter 2-3 Facebook competitions a week maximum- some weeks none- and never the share ones.

Think their system has blown a fuse...
  • gizmobenny
    gizmobenny Posts: 1,490 Forumite
    Options
    I got the month ban from liking new pages yesterday.

Just tried to share a couple of comps from FB apps and got the dreaded unreadable captchas

I think I'll stay off FB until they sort this.

I appealed against the ban but haven't heard anything back.

I do use my account for other things, in face I was playing scrabble yesterday when the ban happened ?
  • pesky_princess
    Options
    Well I spoke to soon... I have been restricted now for a month... I have not shared any comps, the only thing I can think of is I liked a new page about half hour before, so it must be something to do with liking a new page... can we still enter like/comment comps if we already like page?
    April 2014: A CAR!!!!!! :j 60th Anniversary Edition of Playboy mag signed by Hugh Hefner/Family pass to Twinlakes Family Theme Park/Rio 2 Goodies/£15 Promod Voucher/Nivea Sensitive Prize pack/John Frieda Cosmetic bag and bits/Tickets to New Kids On The Block + Meet and Greet
  • JamboDP
    JamboDP Posts: 41,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I now cannot access Apps or my notifications and all the info on the R/Hand side of page is not displaying, but can still enter comps of pages I have already liked.
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The post Facebook wouldn't let me share yesterday, I've just been able to share now without any problem.

There seems to be more than one issue going on at the moment. :(
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I'm fuming over this. They don't even bother to explain WHY they're restricting you! Just a sneaky notification. I do like posts quite a lot but not just companies' ones but my friends' and family's posts too!
    For what it's worth I have probably 120 friends, ALL of whom I know personally, and with whom I interact daily. I post status updates, check ins etc, several times a day, in fact my account is the antithesis of what you might think of as a comping account. I have no clue why they've banned me from liking, and I'm so angry over the sneaky way they've done it!!
  • wonderwallet
    Options
    I've got 30 friends, only 2 are real friends and the rest compers. My profile pic is a cartoon, there are no photos of me and I never update my status. I enter like and share comps every day and I have not been banned (yet) - how strange!! :huh:

You're temporarily restricted from liking a Page or following/subscribing to a profile until May 17 at 10:55am. Got this when I logged in today so I have not escaped!!! :)

• MoralDilema
    Options
    I'm still fine - liked a few more pages today and as yet no ban or restriction
    Speak your mind.- Nobody else will do it for you.
  • pontsian
    pontsian Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well i received notification that i was banned on the 14th until the 14th May and have just logged on and had another notification telling me i am now banned until the 17th May?! has anyone else had another ban?
    Best Wins - Delonghi Coffee Machine x 2, £250 Love to Shop Vouchers, Champneys overnight stay, Sony TV, Festool Drill, Quilting table, Tablet, Android gadget bundle, ikettle, wedding photograph and favours, Rowan wool hamper
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure