MSE News: 'Cowardly' Treasury buries independent report into Money Advice Service

Options
MoneySavingExpert.com is today calling for the Treasury to publish the independent report on the Money Advice Service ...
Read the full story:

'Cowardly' Treasury buries independent report into Money Advice Service

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Independent Financial Advisers have been saying MAS is a waste of space all along.

George Osborne wanted MAS or nothing and got something that is worth no less than he was willing to pay for it.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    All they need is a telephone number and a recorded message that says: "Marry a doctor, lawyer or accountant." As we are now an Equal Opportunities country, this advice is Unisex.

All they need for Pension Wise is a recorded message that says: "Apply for a government job with a Civil Service Index Linked Pension."

Like my mother was always telling me.
  • No-Feed-Elite.
    Options
    I find it difficult to understand why anyone might be surprised at this missing financial report. Considering the government complicity and support of the banksters and their crooked dealings designed to rob the public Why on Earth would anyone trust the MafỊa?.

Reminds one of a family of sloth's seeking advice about a career as trapeze artists in the circus!
    :coffee:
  • Oomps
    Oomps Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Just thought that I'd point out that MAS is not funded by the Government, but by levies on financial services firms. No public money has been wasted on it, or the review into its crapness!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure