IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

help! ukpc parking ticket today. do I need to pay?

Options
I parked in a parent snd child space at braehead this mornig and came out to a ticket saying I wasnt parked correctly within markigs of bay or space. I totally was - do i need to pay this?

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,081 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No one should pay scammers!
    Start with the newbies thread on page one and get yourself up to speed with the process to see off these greedy idiots!
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pretty sure Braehead is in Scotland so make sure you read the Scotland specific advice in the Newbies thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 October 2014 at 4:57PM
    Options
    melsmummy wrote: »
    I parked in a parent snd child space at braehead this mornig and came out to a ticket saying I wasnt parked correctly within markigs of bay or space. I totally was - do i need to pay this?
    Did you not first of all, try putting 'Scotland' into the 'search this forum' heading (above the threads on page one, next to 'forum tools)? What about reading the 'Private Parking ticket? Newbies please read these FAQs first' sticky thread at the top (which covers Scotland too)?

You should be complaining to the Retail Centre Management to cancel this for you though seeing as UKPC have tried a few speculative small claims in Scotland re another retail park recently.

DO NOT APPEAL TO UKPC but (a new idea which IMHO supercedes 'ignore them') you could send UKPC a Notice of Cancellation. Explained in post #7 here which is a Scottish case:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5089390

and post #32 here which shows you that the Consumer Cancellation Rights Regs do apply in Scotland:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=66732516#post66732516

If this was me I would submit a stern complaint to the Retail Manager and send UKPC a Notice of Cancellation. NOT an 'APPEAL', NOT NOT NOT saying who was driving in a million years! So DO NOT WRITE 'I totally was!' in the complaint to the Retail Park nor in the simple 'Cancellation Notice' to UKPC. Please don't ask us how to write a cancellation notice, obviously it's in the regs already linked in those threads which you would need to read through to understand the law. It isn't difficult - I read through that Consumer law recently and it's perfectly understandable stuff. The Model Cancellation Notice the EU suggest is just a couple of lines long!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure