IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

IAS appeal dismissed

Options
Hello,

I just wondered if anyone has any experience of a 'dismissed' IAS appeal? I received the decision last week and was told I have 14 days to pay the operator.

I was told that the only element that 'may have grounds' was poor signage but the photos submitted by the operator enable this to be dismissed. I submitted my own photos showing the signage being unobvious, given the large carpark.

Is there further scope to appeal or what are the next steps? I assume no POPLA with the IAS...

Thanks

Comments

• EnigmaPart1
    Options
    Nope thats the end of the line for you,although it doesnt mean you have to pay

Which parking company?
  • Glover19
    Options
    So I'll just wait for the barrage of letters (is it better to just pay or wait for it all to stop, presuming no court..?!)

The company P Enforcement.
  • EnigmaPart1
    Options
    Parking Enforcement?, Aka Parkshield

They do court a little bit but nothing to be concerned. No dont need to pay them!
  • salmosalaris
    Options
    Did you appeal as the driver ?
    If not and you weren't you could always name the driver
  • BenefitMaster
    Options
    or withdraw from the contract.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2014 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Was this for a contractual charge, a breach of contract, or a breach of contract dressed up as a contractual charge?

If it was a contractual charge did you receive a v.a.t. invoice?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/civil-enforcement-limited-finally-turn.html
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,276 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 September 2016 at 10:25PM
    Options
    Post removed. Don't read old threads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Glover19
    Options
    Thanks for your input, all - I'll definitely investigate the 'withdraw from contact' option.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 October 2014 at 10:27AM
    Options
    If you are willing to throw £10 at it you could slap a Subject Access Request on the IPC and the IAS to get copies of all the stuff (e.g. the operator's "evidence") that they have not provided you with.

If nothing else this would be interesting, but also (i) it would give them a hard time and (ii) it might unearth hostages to fortune which could deter the operator from further pursuing you.
    Je suis Charlie.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family