Is there a problem with Paypal Access Card?

Options
Mine stopped working today. Have you experienced any issues?

Comments

• TKPeters
    TKPeters Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Options
    Have you reached your 12month limit
  • SlowCooker
    Options
    Nope. Looks like the problem is only with my card. Will be calling them again...
  • mikeypr12
    Options
    Mine stopped working too, and I can not get any help. Spent over an hour hanging on, on various calls. Have been told I would get a call back four times now. NOTHING.

The whole system seems to have come down.

I tried calling PayPal themselves and they told me they have nothing to do with it.

No one seems to be being honest.

Make me wonder if they ever will come back online.

I wish PayPal would make a statement.
  • celestius
    celestius Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I used mine yesterday at the Post Office counter with no problems... That's the only place I ever use it though.
  • MSWinner
    Options
    I've also recently had problems with failed (aka declined/unauthorised) PayPal Access card payments to merchants who I'd successfully paid using the card previously (e.g Tescos, the Co-Op, the Post Office, and a 99p Store).

Yesterday, 10th September, a guy in their Cardholder Services team told me that lots of their customers have been shaving similar problems since 1st September, and that they were 'looking into it' as it seemed to be a problem at their end.

When asked why all customers hadn't been informed of the potential issue by email no answer was given. I was then told that Customer Services would contact me about the issue. Fingers crossed...
  • Boludo
    Options
    I have two cards on my account and neither have been working since the 1st September. Have spoken with them twice with promises that they will call me back. No luck with that.

Now cannot even get anyone to answer the phone .... I hang on for up to half an hour, and no doubt pay over the odds for this.

Suspect that it is now a dead duck.

Anyone having any success?
  • MSWinner
    Options
    Still not working, and have not been contacted by Customer Services as promised.

Have just made a formal complaint to the card issuer, PrePay Technologies Ltd, PO Box 3371, Swindon, SN5 7WJ, and I suggest anyone else having the same issue does the same.
  • Andy_Hamilton
    Options
    Mine went off on the 1st.
    I have been trying it every couple of days at my friendly post office.

Today it's now working again!!!

When I rang them I thought try knew more but could not help.

Still waiting for the promised call back.
    Lets get this straight. Say my house is worth £100K, it drops £20K and I complain but I should not complain when I actually pay £200K via a mortgage:rolleyes:
  • MSWinner
    Options
    My card also started working again for shop purchases a couple of days ago.

No response yet to my complaint from the card issuer, PrePay Technologies...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure