The Great 'Cheap/free storage lockers' Hunt

Options
Former_MSE_Debs
Former_MSE_Debs Posts: 890 Forumite
edited 19 November 2013 at 6:17PM in Shop but don't drop
Great 'Cheap/free storage lockers' Hunt
Baggage lockers at stations and the like can be super-handy when you've a late journey home, but have already checked out of your accommodation, for example. We want to tap MoneySavers' knowledge to find out where free or cheap lockers can be found around the UK.

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide .

View all past Great Hunts .

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Chains like Premier Inn, and many other hotels are happy to store your luggage for the day after you've checked out. Always worth asking (in advance).

In Cardiff there are luggage lockers in the Information Centre (Old Library) on The Hayes that are cheaper than in the railway station.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • x__Indigo_x
    Options
    if your in liverpool then the world museum ( behind st georges hall) - 3 mins from lime street has free lockers big enough for suitcases.

now this is MEANT for people using the museum and their is a donation box by the door so if you are going to simply use it as a luggage storage pls make even a £1 donation:beer::money:
    I am a full time Benefit and Money Adviser for a leading non profit charity and I LOVE my job <3
    Comments posted on this forum do not reflect the views of my employer :)

Please note forum police I suffer from dyslexia so my spelling and grammar can be dreadful- sorry but I cant help it!
  • catmort
    Options
    In London you can leave your bags in the museum/art gallery cloakrooms for free and they're also free to get into!
    Debt Free by Xmas 2012 member #281: £6,627.08/£7,735.45 (85.67%)
  • mrchiggles
    Options
    Following the museum theme, £1 for a huge locker at the Hancock museum in Newcastle. It's a bit of a walk to the station but a lot cheaper than the station and if you're on the metro anyway you can always just jump on that for a couple of stops.
  • spearmintsorbet
    Options
    Arriving in Bath central station for a hol last year we wanted to leave our luggage for a few hours while we walked around town.

Bizarrely we were told no left luggage at the station due to the security risk but pointed instead to an internet cafe 50 yards down Manvers Street that held bags all day for £5. I hear the backpacker hostel on the same street will take them for £3 but maybe you need to be a guest :)
  • seagreen123
    Options
    In Southampton, Oceans on the High Street offer a Secure Baggage facility from £3 per day for small bags to £5 per day for suitcases, ideal for cruise passengers.
  • rj1p
    rj1p Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    The cloakroom at the Hepworth Gallery has free lockers
  • boypacer
    Options
    Nottingham (Broadmarsh) bus station has lockers near the toilet which start at £1 for the smallest locker, though for a normal suitcase you'll probably need a £2 one. Nottingham train station has no lockers as far as I'm aware but the bus station is just up the road.

Sheffield (Interchange) bus station also has lockers from £1 near the National Express stops.

I believe you need to empty the locker before the end of the evening.
  • neilfent
    Options
    The British Library has free lockers.
  • Campden
    Campden Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Inverness bus station has lockers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories