🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Aqua Credit Card - Need to stop using it as soon as £100 cashback is reached

Options
The Aqua Card was recommended on this site for its 3% cashback. Thanks. I've earnt the maximum £100 possible each year over several months. However Aqua accepted a transaction that put me £1.37 over their painfully small credit limit for 1½ days. They hit me with a £12 fine. I managed to get them to delete it as it was the 1st time. But I noticed they also considered this a default that would kill-off the years's £100 tax-back. As a minor 1st time offense they have now agreed to re-instated the £100 (I think, but won't know for months?)

Seems to me people should be warned that once you reach £100 the only possible thing to do is to hide the Aqua card away until the £100 is paid and a new year is started. If I make a penny mistake or am a day late in paying I'd now be fined a minimum of £112.

(Sorry if this is pointed out many times elsewhere. I did search)

Comments

• guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    It is posted elsewhere, but you're right to re-iterate it - especially to prime-ers who aren't used to such a painfully small credit limit! Good for self discipline though, I suppose!
  • dresdendave
    dresdendave Posts: 889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    geoff_ss wrote: »
    The Aqua Card was recommended on this site for its 3% cashback. Thanks. I've earnt the maximum £100 possible each year over several months. However [STRIKE]Aqua accepted [/STRIKE] I made a transaction that put me £1.37 over their painfully small credit limit for 1½ days. They hit me with a £12 fine. I managed to get them to delete it as it was the 1st time. But I noticed they also considered this a default that would kill-off the years's £100 tax-back. As a minor 1st time offense they have now agreed to re-instated the £100 (I think, but won't know for months?)

Seems to me people should be warned that once you reach £100 the only possible thing to do is to hide the Aqua card away until the £100 is paid and a new year is started. If I make a penny mistake or am a day late in paying I'd now be fined a minimum of £112.

Alternatively you could be aware of your limit and keep within it. Not intended as a nasty post but it's important to remember that it's your responsibility to pay on time and stick to your limit, should you incur fees for not doing so, it's not the fault of the CC company.
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    The problem with Aquacard is that its such a small limit. At the 3rd time of asking i got them to raise mine from £500 to £650, but i have to keep logging onto their painfully slow website to make sure i don't go over it.

Other credit cards I've got limits of several thousand and its not something I need to worry about.
  • Hooloovoo
    Hooloovoo Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Options
    Mr_K wrote: »
    i have to keep logging onto their painfully slow website to make sure i don't go over it.

Why?

Surely you know what you've charged to the card?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport