Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    welshgirl_michelle
    item not as described & bits missing
    • 24th Feb 13, 9:43 PM
    item not as described & bits missing 24th Feb 13 at 9:43 PM
    I will try to keep this as short as possible!!

Purchased a reborn doll on behalf of my friend Dec 9th 2012. Purchased the item, paying a little extra for extra bits and bobs to go with the item. Total cost 217.00

Delivery date was estimated 30th Jan 2013 (giving the seller enough time to make it to our specification). Item didn't arrive so i got in touch and she said it would be delayed due to some items being faulty & her having to re-order. The item arrived 1st week of February.

When i opened the box i was horrified!! The reborn doll was nothing like we expected! I was gutted! The item was not as described (she had not done the doll to our request & also items were MISSING) The item looks like it has been rushed. It's not finished to an acceptable standard & it's nothing like we had asked for.

We have emailed the seller and yet to have a reply (2weeks now) We did manage to get hold of her and she said she would send out the missing items (we are yet to received them) She told us to try a couple of things with the reborn to style the hair (it has not worked)

Contacted ebay and paypal and we are not able to open a dispute case as its over the 45 days. Explained to ebay that the delivery date for the reborn doll was just over 45 days anyways!

Since contacting ebay we have found a website where to my horror i have found that 2 other buyers have recently been in the same situation, 1 buyer spending more money on their item. They've had no luck in contacting the seller as she ignores ALL emails and phone calls. Both buyers said they had been in touch with ebay to make them aware of this seller. I feel it's really unfair that she is getting away with this!!

Has anyone got any suggestions as where we stand with trying to get our money back? Item is not as described & items which we paid extra for are missing .. Any help would be much appreciated?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,316Posts Today

8,120Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks to @CBBC_Hacker for sending us our own Hacker, baby MSE is smitten. Altight cocker. http://t.co/mdVVz56YHD

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• Follow Martin