Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    girlscout666
    Trouble claiming ppi back from a company called 'credit plus'
    • 22nd Feb 13, 4:36 PM
    Trouble claiming ppi back from a company called 'credit plus' 22nd Feb 13 at 4:36 PM
    So,

back in 2007 I used a car finance broker called Credit Plus.

The mis - sold me PPI and basically guilted me into taking it by taking advantage of me as a young 20 yr old buying her first car and telling me that there could be a chance my finance wouldn't be approved unless I took it out.

I totally forgot about the PPI until a couple of month until the end of my loan (in 2010) and I lost my job. When ringing credit plus to tell them this and ask if I could arrange a payment plan, the lady advised me that I had PPI! I asked then if I could make use of it and she said no. I had to of been out of work for 3 or 4 months or more. Useless anyway!

Anyway, about 2 years ago now I sought the help of a solicitors to help me claim back this PPI. We estimated I am owed about 1k

The whole process has gone on, and on, and on, and on being passed from pillar to post, between the brokers who sold me the PPI and the actual creditors (who actually have nothing to do with the PPI element of the finance). Now, after 2 whole years finally, someone at Credit Plus has responded to my solicitors and flat out LIED and claimed that they don't, nor have they EVER sold PPI with car finance. - This, is quite clearly utter rubbish and I am shocked an appalled that they are actually lying. Not only do they currently have the option to take out PPI on their loan application page on their site (which wouldn't be there if they claim that they don't offer PPI) but I know 150% I WAS mis-sold PPI back in 2007 with my car finance.

Throughout this entire process, I was also shocked to hear that my solicitors have never actually requested my original agreement documents to prove otherwise!! It's madness! I have now taken it upon myself to request my original agreement papers as the solicitors have said that without that, they can do no more for me.

I am fuming, to say the least. I have sent a couple of emails now to request my original agreement as apparently the 'only man who deals with this' is on annual leave fora week. Probably utter tosh as well.

I know full well that I was sold PPI, but I am now terrified that when (or IF) they eventually agree to send me my original documents, that they might tamper with them to remove the evidence... is this possible?!! The company are clearly total liars and I wouldn't put it past them!

Has anyone else had dealings with Credit Plus when trying to claim back PPI?!

Thanks in advance,
    Jess
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,442Posts Today

6,205Users online

Martin's Twitter