Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    goneracing
    suspected malware problem
    • 23rd Feb 13, 3:44 PM
    suspected malware problem 23rd Feb 13 at 3:44 PM
    My PC has developed a problem after either myself or my daughter used it yesterday.

It’s an intel core duo, 2.4, 4meg ram and running 32 bit Win 7 Home premium and IE 8

Problems are:

1. Hard drive running constantly
    2. Noticed this in google. When you klick a link after a search it often opens a random page or it opens a new window displaying a random page. This new page / window has often been “M3 Mirago” or “Ebay” but also others.
    3. When you genuinely open ebay to log in
    a. A user name is already displayed as symbols / random characters in the log in box and on the top line where it says “Hi user name (sign out)”
    b. If you remove the symbols and try to log in it throws an error saying “cookies for this site not enabled” and to review your security settings or log out and back in.
    c. clicking sign out does not sign out of whatever account it’s in.

• “Net Meter” indicates that I’m having more internet traffic than normal
    • using “TCP view” shows many more entries than I usually see and under the processes column shows a lot that are “non existent” along with many more iexplorer entries than usual.

If I pull the network cable that PC does calm down.
    My AV is up to date
    A quick scan using Malware bytes sorted a couple of minor probs but nothing really. I’m currently running a full scan.

My other PC is working fine

Can anybody give me any pointers please?

Thanks
Page 2
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,236Posts Today

6,874Users online

Martin's Twitter