Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    bmouthboyo
    SL payments when abroad - just pay default?
    • 22nd Feb 13, 5:42 PM
    SL payments when abroad - just pay default? 22nd Feb 13 at 5:42 PM
    Hi guys,

I have landed a job abroad where the threashold for repayments is 9480. My wage would mean I would pay more than the 147.60 default payment.

My first question is can I just pay the default payment to keep them happy? If so how would I go about this?

Secondly how would the SLC ever find out my wage given only 700 is paid in GBP and the rest in local currency? Do they have the power to snoop around into accounts, ISA's etc?

I don't want to dodge the repayments but it is hard to establish an exact wage when accomodation, tax etc is sorted by my employer. I know my NET salary but if i start adding perks etc 9% over 9480 will hit me hard and defeat the point in moving abroad to save.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,891Posts Today

6,846Users online

Martin's Twitter