Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Freebies (Low Spend) > Going Going Gone... > 500.000 Jewellery Giveaway 22-25 February (Page 2)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
500.000 Jewellery Giveaway 22-25 February
Closed Thread
Views: 4,065
# 21
CardiffBoy72
Old 22-02-2013, 9:12 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just got in and read the threads on this - what a load of horse poo! Some of you people have no idea..... companies collect data, this is how they make money by offering LOSS LEADERS! They than send you deals in future at full price.

But just to advise a bit more - this company does not use Paypal - it uses a fully integrated MID (Merchant ID with Streamline, thats NAT WEST) Not every Tom, Dick or Harold can get these - you have to have a credit rating and also put up security to avoid it being a scam - ever known a bank take a risk? As to the other doubting Thomas', suggest you just get on with your lives moaning about everything else....

Im going to spend my Comet and HMV vouchers now.... forgot, I can't cos they went BUST! But I bet you trusted them! (fools). I bet you also trust the banks as well, they really are SCAMMERS!!!

I am fed up with this countries small mindedness, obviously whoever is behind this company has put time, effort and a lot of money (you think this website was available on Mr Site??) - why - just to scam you for 2.99 ?? Dream on......

Rant over - I hope mine along with everyone else's items turn up very soon and lets all then get back on here and tell out good stories (or NOT if thats the case). I doubt if anyone will then say, "Hey, thats a good company - they gave us a deal, lets give them a bit of praise. As for the person who said they would eat their hat, lets hope is not too big!

I hope you are all wrong and the 3.99 I paid to this site is worthwhile.... If NOT - trust me, I will be on here giving them the biggest slating ever!

And I'm a new bee because I sometime follow this site - but have never posted !!! were not all sat in the house watching Jeremy Kyle on the dole!

Rant over! - Got to go to work....
# 22
K1ttycat
Old 23-02-2013, 9:43 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Fingers crossed we get what we ordered. Then again, I think people were skeptical about another site, Social Discount Network, when they first launched a few months ago and gave away thousands of shamballa bracelets for free, just pay the shipping. They all turned up and they are a great site - bought quite a few things from them since.
# 23
montymud
Old 23-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Not all, I had to open a paypal dispute with SDN to get my money redunded. One turned up but despite promises that it was on its way the second order never appeared but I think it was a minority and by all accounts they are getting better.

# 24
K1ttycat
Old 23-02-2013, 11:44 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I had ordered 5 of them and they all arrived, but one was the wrong colour. After two requests for a replacement which never came, I asked for a refund and they did the refund right away. I'm guessing the colour was out of stock, but why they just couldn't say....everything else from them has been fab though, no problems. Hope this new jewellery one comes through though.
The Following User Says Thank You to K1ttycat For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 25
montymud
Old 23-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I hope it turns up for you too, if Ii had some money in my bank then I would have given it a shot - they have some lovely pieces

# 26
appleblossom
Old 26-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I received my item this morning - am pleased with it - it is very pretty and blingy BUT there is no way it is worth the 69.99 price they quoted - I've seen similar in claires style shops for around the 10-12 price.Saying that I paid 6.00 so am still happy but don't really like being duped.
# 27
postcode
Old 26-02-2013, 2:59 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Received mine today as well. I'm a horrible judge of jewlery value, but this one looks more expenive than the 5.99 I paid for it and can easily see it being sold for the original price (I went for a very simple yet elegant design, that always seems to be the most expensive wherever I look). Well pleased!
GC September 2012 - 49.04/80 |GC October 2012 - 50.28/80 |GC November 63.59/60 (one adult only)
# 28
nhsjules66
Old 26-02-2013, 5:13 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks OP got mine this morning lovely necklace and earring set.
Claimed 6400 PPI some more to go
# 29
appleblossom
Old 27-02-2013, 9:49 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Another thing I thought of this morning - the set I bought was supposed to have a RRP of 69.95 yet despite paying 6.00 post, was sent in a jiffy bag, would have gone though as LL so next to no post, no invoice/paperwork inside and just a return address for a dropshipper in Cardiff (not you was it CardiffBoy?) - bearing in mind some of the items were meant to be worth in excess of 100.00 - why was everything just sent normal non-trackable post when the 6.00 easily covered recorded at least?
The Following User Says Thank You to appleblossom For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 30
MacC11
Old 27-02-2013, 11:13 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

thanks for the link!
# 31
K1ttycat
Old 27-02-2013, 12:13 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

My orders arrived today - very pleased with them! The crystals are very clear and sparkle like crazy - under the bathroom spotlights it is like WOW and even in daylight they have a lovely shimmer to them.

Yes, the packaging was very simple, but I'm sure they would say that is to keep the costs down and why they could offer this promotion.
# 32
appleblossom
Old 27-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ttycat View Post
My orders arrived today - very pleased with them! The crystals are very clear and sparkle like crazy - under the bathroom spotlights it is like WOW and even in daylight they have a lovely shimmer to them.

Yes, the packaging was very simple, but I'm sure they would say that is to keep the costs down and why they could offer this promotion.
Dont get me wrong, I'm pleased with the items, I received my second set (the shambala bracelet,necklace and earrings) today and again they are lovely but not the RRP.
# 33
Missli
Old 27-02-2013, 5:22 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I was tempted to make an order today, but I dislike entering my card details unless a trusted retailer that I use regularly. It is probably just me, but would feel better if I could just use Paypal to complete the transaction, as it states that it is accepted, but wants card details.

I have used Paypal for recent orders for Shamballa type bracelets with another company I've not used before, and prefer it that way. Gutted as some of the pieces look nice.
Always be yourself!
# 34
vandanfc
Old 27-02-2013, 6:45 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleblossom View Post
Another thing I thought of this morning - the set I bought was supposed to have a RRP of 69.95 yet despite paying 6.00 post, was sent in a jiffy bag, would have gone though as LL so next to no post, no invoice/paperwork inside and just a return address for a dropshipper in Cardiff (not you was it CardiffBoy?) - bearing in mind some of the items were meant to be worth in excess of 100.00 - why was everything just sent normal non-trackable post when the 6.00 easily covered recorded at least?
Is it by any chance this address:

91 - 95 Woodville Road
Cathays
Cardiff
CF24 4DX

If so linked to this company:
http://www.jewelleryselect.co.uk/pag...t#.US5TpOgiG3U
# 35
appleblossom
Old 27-02-2013, 8:30 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandanfc View Post
Is it by any chance this address:

91 - 95 Woodville Road
Cathays
Cardiff
CF24 4DX

If so linked to this company:
http://www.jewelleryselect.co.uk/pag...t#.US5TpOgiG3U
Could be except first line is white label fulfilment (which I googled and found to be dropshippers) and a PO box.
# 36
Beetlemama
Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Well I got mine - have to say I didn't think it was going to be *that* bad lol I'll be attempting a refund and if not, it'll just be a learning thing. I ordered a ring, and honestly I could hit and kill someone with it its so big, huge even, seriously chavy - and one of the stones is missing.
"There is no substitute for time."

Competition wins:
2013. Three bottles of oxygen! And a family ticket to intech science centre. 2011. The Lake District Cheese Co Cow and bunny pop up play tent, cheese voucher, beach ball and cuddly toy cow and bunny and a 20 ToysRus voucher!
# 37
vandanfc
Old 06-03-2013, 3:36 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Good luck with getting a refund:

Refund Policy

It is our intent to provide our customers with the very best deals and world-class customer service. We want you to be completely satisfied with not only your purchase but your experience during the purchasing process as well. To help assure your satisfaction, we are committed to the following:
  • Regardless of the reason, if you choose to return your unredeemed voucher within (14) fourteen days of purchase, we will refund your purchase in full. Simply contact us and provide details of the purchase and we will issue the refund immediately, no questions asked.
  • If you have redeemed your voucher and are not satisfied with your product, service or experience, let us know in writing and we will do everything we can to rectify the situation*
  • We are committed to working with and posting great deals from trustworthy, reputable merchants. We conduct extensive due diligence to help ensure deals offered by merchants will be honored and delivered as per deal details and customer expectations.
  • In cases where a business has shut down operations and you are left with an unredeemed coupon, we will credit your account or refund your money (within 30 days of purchase).
* in some cases, we may be able to provide/offer alternative solutions such as a partial refunds, exchanges of products or services, in lieu of full refund.
Closed Thread