The Great ' MoneySaving New Year's resolutions' Hunt

Options
Great 'MoneySaving New Year's resolutions' Hunt

The start of a new year is a great time to sit down and have a proper look at your finances to see where you can save some money. Whether your resolution's to ditch the debt, seriously save or simply to tell friends about this newsletter, we want to hear it.

View all past Great Hunts

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]

Comments

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Use up all my toiletries before I buy new,

Make more use of freezer and store cupboard stuff.

Send off for freebies that I think will make good little presents,

and keep doing these once I get a new job (paid off before christmas). Oh and see if I'm due PPI back!
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    God I hate New Years Resolutions. In the main, they are cool to talk about for about a week and then get forgotten.
  • Jam_Pan
    Options
    Go through my pantry and store cupboards and find everything with a 2012 use by date and use it up during January! Go through old recipe books and find new recipes for the ingredients you find (e.g bags of rice, raisins and various pulses). I have found some great recipes this way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure