Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    stars1
    sold my laptop on ebay now problems
    • 9th Dec 12, 10:10 AM
    sold my laptop on ebay now problems 9th Dec 12 at 10:10 AM
    Hi I'm hoping someone can help me, I sold a laptop on ebay last week, it was bought in 2003 for 900 pounds and it was a packard bell M5284. When I bought this and when i sold it on ebay it was 512 mb ram, so i find it strange that when the buyer has received it, it now only has 256 mb in. It took them over a week to get in touch so naturally I have already left them positive feedback. They have a feedback rating of 14, I have a feeback rating of 1480. I'm just a bit lost as to how to go about this as I know it was 512 mb ram, everywhere I have looked have said that these are standard 512 mb ram. I did state it had a fault in the description, which was that the battery doesn't hold its charge, but it works fine when plugged in the mains.
    So on the message I got first time round, It said that I had advertised it as something it wasn't, which I replied back and said that I hadn't altered any of the hardware on the system since I had bought it and that this was bought with 512 mb as standard, which is what it was, but I was happy to refund the money for the computer on return. I then got this message back
    I am not happy has the item was advertised with 512mb but only has 256mb you should have checked this before writing your listing. I have checked the Internet and this model was sold with either 256 or 512 when new due to the mistake on your part I take it you will cover the cost of return postage?
    Firstly I'm not sure where they are looking on the internet because all the pages I have seen state its a 512mb, and I know that it was a 512 mb, and I feel a bit like why should I pay for the return postage because I know how I sold it and I never put any false information in the listing, I know its my word against theres but can anybody give me any advice please.
    thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

267Posts Today

3,749Users online

Martin's Twitter