Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    killmymortgage
    2,900 for acrylic worktop 4.8m length
    • 6th Dec 12, 9:58 PM
    2,900 for acrylic worktop 4.8m length 6th Dec 12 at 9:58 PM
    Moved house, and kitchen is over 20 years old and filthy (e.g. worktop is nailed on at the back with nails showing!)

So need a new worktop and kitchen.

Length is 4.8m for worktop and I'm trying to not have any nasty joins that will collect dirt for the next 10 - 15 years.

We've been quoted 2900 for an acrylic worktop, including fitting and cutouts for sink and hob.

Seems really expensive to me.

Is there any other way of getting a worktop without the joins?
    I'm not bothered about the material, as long as it's hardwearing and a light colour. Just don't want the dirt in the joins as I do a lot of cooking.

Any suggestions?
    Is this quote reasonable?
    "Treat a man as he appears to be and you make him worse. But treat a man as if he were what he potentially could be, and you make him what he should be." - Goethe
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,901Posts Today

8,486Users online

Martin's Twitter