Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AFK_Matrix
    • By AFK_Matrix 11th Jan 12, 2:33 PM
    • 633Posts
    • 773Thanks
    AFK_Matrix
    *Budget and Money Apps List*
    • 11th Jan 12, 2:33 PM
    *Budget and Money Apps List* 11th Jan 12 at 2:33 PM
    Hi,

I was looking around the site and did a search and found a few posts about mobile apps for keeping track of your money and there seem to be a few out there that people use. So I thought to help people out I would list all the ones that people use and the one I use and find great called EasyMoney for android. I love this app as you can make as many categories as you like and then view a report on your expenditure by category so you can see where all your money goes!!!

I think this is very handy as I see people say they have done a budget and should have 300 say left over but they actually manage to spend this but don't know how. So if you have this app with you, you can quickly bash in the things your buying as you buy them.

Anyway onto the list:

Android:

EasyMoney - 30 day trial / Not Free
    Expense Manager - Free

Apple:

Spendometer - Free
    Expenses Book - 69p
    Accounts - 69p??
    Balance - Free
    My Weekly Budget - 69p
    HomeBudget - Is this free?
    Account Tracker - 1.99

Blackberry:

Do not know of any - Can you recommend any?

Windows 7:

Do not know of any - Can you recommend any?

So that's what I have at the moment and if you have any apps you use then please post them up and I will add them to the list. Would also be great if this can be stickied I think.
    Last edited by AFK_Matrix; 11-01-2012 at 2:59 PM.
Page 2
    • garynuman
    • By garynuman 9th Dec 12, 12:40 PM
    • 193 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    garynuman
    I use Homebank. Designed for Windows, Linux and Macs.

http://homebank.free.fr/

It's FREE!!
    • allthingsmustpass
    • By allthingsmustpass 9th Dec 12, 6:44 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    allthingsmustpass
    I use Homebank. Designed for Windows, Linux and Macs.
    Originally posted by garynuman
    Doesn't sound very convenient to be carrying a desktop computer about when you're shopping!!
    • allthingsmustpass
    • By allthingsmustpass 14th Dec 12, 12:37 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    allthingsmustpass
    Any more ?
  • embarrassed about my debt
    Debt Manager on Iphone - 0.69

Seems really good and you can set it up to automatically show your monthly payments coming off!
    Debt Now~Total-14,366.72~CC-1,600.00~Sofa-1,349.01~Loan-11,417.71
    Debt@Oct 12~Total 15,674.60~CC-1,636.40~Sofa-1,648.77~Loan-12,389.43
    • allthingsmustpass
    • By allthingsmustpass 15th Dec 12, 11:10 AM
    • 174 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    allthingsmustpass
    Debt Manager on Iphone - 0.69

Seems really good and you can set it up to automatically show your monthly payments coming off!
    Originally posted by embarrassed about my debt
    Does it work out the interest properly? Ive found some of these apps are aimed at the american market where APR has a different definition, it can throw the maths off
    • Hopelessly Hopeful
    • By Hopelessly Hopeful 15th Dec 12, 12:47 PM
    • 3,378 Posts
    • 9,415 Thanks
    Hopelessly Hopeful
    I have an android. Tried money owl but not over impressed. Would like to try one on laptop first, for some reason I find it easier to look around then transfer to using an app. Is this possible?

HHx
  • DaveK1971
    Just swappred my windows mobile for BB. Docs to go spreadsheet is excellent on BB.
    Debt @ 17/11/12: 12,017 . Hoping to be debt free by June 2014 .
  • Palema
    Account Tracker has a free version where you can enter 20 transactions to test it... I use this, used the guys website which is accessible through 'help' on the app to help me set it up & am totally in love. Currently budgeting month 2 via it... LOVE it

You can add everything in, current accounts, saving accounts, credit cards. I've got paypal and cashback site balances in mine also, as well as 'cash' as I always have a lot of cash floating about that I use for odd payments.

Cannot recommend this app enough for anyone looking for one.
    Originally posted by liltdiddylilt
    Another one here who loves this app! I paid for the full version, the best money I have spent on an app I might add! It keeps me on the straight and narrow with my finances.

I have inputs for Bank Accounts, Cash, Mortgage savings (soon to be mortgage payments), Savings Accounts, Niece's savings, Coin savings and Credit Cards.

You are able to input Direct Debits/Standing Orders and any other reoccurring transactions you may have into it as well

I have tried other apps but this is the one that works for me and I can update it as I spend!

P
    X
    ~ VSP 2013 member #1 (AKA The speedway season ticket fund ) 92.69
    ~
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2013 #1030 23.98
    ~ 2 Coin Savers Club #4 24.00
    ~ Gift Fund 120

Moved into my own flat on 22nd February 2013!!

• allthingsmustpass
    • By allthingsmustpass 16th Dec 12, 1:07 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    allthingsmustpass
    I have an android. Tried money owl but not over impressed. Would like to try one on laptop first, for some reason I find it easier to look around then transfer to using an app. Is this possible?

HHx
    Originally posted by Hopelessly Hopeful
    I think applications that run on phones wont run on laptops/desktops as well, but some companies do versions of their phone apps for computers too. Tend to be more expensive though
    • allthingsmustpass
    • By allthingsmustpass 16th Dec 12, 6:44 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    allthingsmustpass
    Just swappred my windows mobile for BB. Docs to go spreadsheet is excellent on BB.
    Originally posted by DaveK1971
    I find spreadsheets so fiddly on a phone, prefer these custom made apps for finance
    • Missmarple
    • By Missmarple 17th Dec 12, 1:52 AM
    • 124 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    Missmarple
    I don't have any of these types of phones, however I am getting a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas which I hope to be carrying around with me. Anyone know about Kindle apps for budgeting ? I bearly know what an app is by the way.......
  • marathon man
    So many iPhone users here too, that's not very frugal either
    Originally posted by SillySod
    I was going to make the very same point.
    The cost of obtaining and running an iphone probably added to some of the financial difficulties experienced by some. I have a very user-friendly smartphone that costs hundreds less than an iphone.
  • Palema
    The cost of obtaining and running an iphone probably added to some of the financial difficulties experienced by some. I have a very user-friendly smartphone that costs hundreds less than an iphone.
    Originally posted by marathon man
    I was debt free when I got my 1st iPhone and managed to get a great deal initially for 15 per month, when I upgraded to the iPhone 5 I made sure I got another good deal and that I could afford the monthly bill which I can.
    I also have an iPad which I got for free and is wifi only. If it hadn't been free I wouldn't have it as it is so expensive.
    P
    X
    ~
    ~ Gift Fund 120

• allthingsmustpass
    • By allthingsmustpass 18th Dec 12, 12:25 AM
    • 174 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    allthingsmustpass
    I was debt free when I got my 1st iPhone and managed to get a great deal initially for 15 per month
    Originally posted by Palema
    Yeah if you get an older model like the iphone4 now, which does the same thing as the new iphone5 but has a smaller screen, you can get deals like that. They bring out a new one so often now that getting the older model isn't an issue, its still really modern and runs all the apps.
  • Palema
    Yeah if you get an older model like the iphone4 now, which does the same thing as the new iphone5 but has a smaller screen, you can get deals like that. They bring out a new one so often now that getting the older model isn't an issue, its still really modern and runs all the apps.
    Originally posted by allthingsmustpass
    It was brand new in June 2010 when I got the iPhone 4, I got a loyalty discount with my network. I upgraded to the 5 in September as the menu button was sticking and I got good cash back so the 5 cost me practically nothing in the end!

P
    X
    ~
    ~ Gift Fund 120

• allthingsmustpass
    • By allthingsmustpass 20th Dec 12, 10:30 AM
    • 174 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    allthingsmustpass
    It was brand new in June 2010 when I got the iPhone 4, I got a loyalty discount with my network.
    Originally posted by Palema
    Excellent, people do assume you have to pay a lot to use iphones, not true!
    • allthingsmustpass
    • By allthingsmustpass 20th Dec 12, 2:09 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    allthingsmustpass
    I don't have any of these types of phones, however I am getting a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas which I hope to be carrying around with me. Anyone know about Kindle apps for budgeting ? I bearly know what an app is by the way.......
    Originally posted by Missmarple
    You get Kindle apps from the amazon app store, which will contain all sorts of stuff, I expect finance apps would be a part of it.

The apple app store is still the leader in terms of quantity and quality of available apps, but I expect you'll find some options you can use on the amazon app store on your kindle.

Anyone know of finance apps available in the amazon app store?
    • allthingsmustpass
    • By allthingsmustpass 20th Dec 12, 5:13 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    allthingsmustpass
    Originally posted by marathon man
    If you only want a phone I can see your point, if you want a mobile computer with extraordinarily cheap software it actually represents a saving versus the valid alternatives
    • allthingsmustpass
    • By allthingsmustpass 20th Dec 12, 8:00 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    allthingsmustpass
    if you have any apps you use then please post them up and I will add them to the list. Would also be great if this can be stickied I think.
    Originally posted by AFK_Matrix
    Can this list be updated? It was your idea!
    • allthingsmustpass
    • By allthingsmustpass 21st Dec 12, 10:57 AM
    • 174 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    allthingsmustpass
    Can this list be updated? It was your idea!
    Originally posted by allthingsmustpass
    Shall I just start another one of these and actually update the list?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,315Posts Today

7,213Users online

Martin's Twitter