Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    jap200
    Christmas present ideas for lady with early stage dementia and limited mobility
    • 7th Dec 12, 5:04 PM
    Christmas present ideas for lady with early stage dementia and limited mobility 7th Dec 12 at 5:04 PM
    As my title says, I am struggling with this one. The lady in question (my mother-in-law) can no longer read more than a sentence or two, doesn't eat chocolate or drink alcohol, can't operate the DVD or CD player on her own and struggles with many other things involving any amount of concentration or movement. She doesn't really enjoy going out for meals either.

She does enjoy watching TV, drinking tea, chatting, looking at photos (old and new) and watching the garden birds. I know it sounds limited but she seems quite content.

She doesn't need any more photo albums, frames (walls and surfaces are covered), bird feeders/bird bath, mugs, blankets, cushions etc. For her last birthday I bought her a skirt and cardigan, but to be honest she has so many clothes already.

I really am at a loss as to what I can get her for Christmas and would appreciate any helpful suggestions please. It is important to my children (teens) in particular to be able to give her something even if it will be get limited use.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

350Posts Today

1,284Users online

Martin's Twitter