Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    book12
    My nan & I purchased an item online - what to do next?
    • 7th Dec 12, 6:57 AM
    My nan & I purchased an item online - what to do next? 7th Dec 12 at 6:57 AM
    I have taught my nan how to use the tablet which I purchased for her, so she can learn technology.

After teaching her how to surf the net, she has found an item that she wants to purchase. So I taught her how to purchase things online (how to sign up for an account, put details in etc...). After inputting the personal details and card details, it went through. We also got a confirmation email.

A few hours later, I realised it was an unauthorised online retailer. Now she won't even get her goods, and have her card details (and maybe personal details) compromised. It might be a scam site.

My nan and I would be going to the bank and explain the situation, and get the card cancelled immediately. Not sure if the payment has been taken yet. She isn't registered on telephone or online banking. She is worried about her identity and card details being stolen. My nan can't afford the monthly fee of identity protection.

Advice appreciated. What should we do next?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,994Posts Today

7,414Users online

Martin's Twitter