Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Who & Where are You? > Christmas & Other Yuletide Festivals > It's December! What was in your advent today? (1 ... (Page 4)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
It's December! What was in your advent today? (1 Dec to 24 Dec)
Views: 2,403
# 61
Ami82
Old 05-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

DD has the Zhu Zhu advent and today's one was... i really don't know!! Its 3 tiny bits of white plastic! She also doesn't have a clue! She also thought the blue box opened on the 3rd was the back bit for the toilet?? Good thing i got her the Lego Friend advent saved for next year, all this guessing is driving us crazy! Lol Well, DS has the Lego City and today's one was a fireman axe storage wall thing.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 62
Ami82
Old 05-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah2 View Post
Believe it or not but the blue box is I think the dishwasher! Once the sticker is added of course!

Haven't opened todays yet so dont know what is in store today!
Thanks for this post! Just went to open the advent and at the back what did i find? The stickers! It all makes sense now. So that blue box is the dishwasher and the 3 tiny plastic bits today are the carrots, well once the stickers has been placed on! DD should be happy now.
# 63
building with lego
Old 05-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by building with lego View Post
Blue Lego spaceship too (DS) and Friends girl (DD) plus chocolate coins in the lovely stockings one for OH and myself

If I can find the Moshi Monster one at a knockdown price now I'll be thrilled, as I've quite set my heart on Mr Snoodle as a Christmas pudding!
I now have my Mr Snoodle . Argos have the calendars at half price so I am one happy woman today .

The children had a teeny ship (I think) and a very cute snowman. Chocolate coins for the grown ups...
They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm.
# 64
MERFE
Old 05-12-2012, 2:19 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami82 View Post
DD has the Zhu Zhu advent and today's one was... i really don't know!! Its 3 tiny bits of white plastic! She also doesn't have a clue! She also thought the blue box opened on the 3rd was the back bit for the toilet?? Good thing i got her the Lego Friend advent saved for next year, all this guessing is driving us crazy! Lol Well, DS has the Lego City and today's one was a fireman axe storage wall thing.
DD has this one - is it a bit of fence, that's what I thought anyway.

DS had some panniers for his motorbike, gotta say the playmobile one is brill, he has played loads with it, putting stuff on the bike then in the panniers then giving them to the man, looking forward to the dinosaur.

DS had a choc angel, he asked this afternoon to have his calendar and I said no and that was the end of it no fussing so still impressed with him. He has obviously cottoned onto that there is chocolate in there now though.
13 projects in 2013 7/13 completed
# 65
r sands
Old 05-12-2012, 2:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

We were thinki.g of next year puting a pound a day in our kids advent calendar... it may not save money in the short term but at least their teeth will be in better shape and they would love, which is value for money in itself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r sands For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 66
Chris25
Old 06-12-2012, 4:07 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

just had a look at my e-advent card & it's a short animated film saying that it's St Nicholas' day today & to think of friends around the world & it then goes on to show Sydney Opera House at night with lights in the roof changing colour!
# 67
MERFE
Old 06-12-2012, 5:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

For those with the zhuzhu pets ones you get the stickers at the end in the box, and the white sticks are carrots apparently - that's what a little google tells me anyway.
13 projects in 2013 7/13 completed