Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 3rd Dec 12, 4:56 PM
    • 2,138 Posts
    • 2,345 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    • 3rd Dec 12, 4:56 PM
    • 3rd Dec 12, 4:56 PM
    Hi

Same here. The £5.00 will be credited in a day or two.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• CG19a
    • By CG19a 3rd Dec 12, 5:22 PM
    • 758 Posts
    • 455 Thanks
    CG19a
    • 3rd Dec 12, 5:22 PM
    • 3rd Dec 12, 5:22 PM
    Today is still the first working day of the month. It will show tomorrow with today's date against it.
  • opinions4u
    • 3rd Dec 12, 7:06 PM
    • 3rd Dec 12, 7:06 PM
    Every effing month!
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 3rd Dec 12, 7:25 PM
    • 2,487 Posts
    • 2,553 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    • 3rd Dec 12, 7:25 PM
    • 3rd Dec 12, 7:25 PM
    Every effing month!
    Originally posted by opinions4u
    Almost as bad as the weekly "NatWest have taken my Direct Debit on a Saturday can they do this bank scam" threads.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • Gromitt
    • By Gromitt 3rd Dec 12, 9:11 PM
    • 4,971 Posts
    • 2,378 Thanks
    Gromitt
    • 3rd Dec 12, 9:11 PM
    • 3rd Dec 12, 9:11 PM
    Today is still the first working day of the month. It will show tomorrow with today's date against it.
    Originally posted by CG19a
    Next month we should just say "Didn't you read the news? The reward is now only paid to those who have at least 5K in their current account." and see what happens.
    • dr_adidas01
    • By dr_adidas01 4th Dec 12, 10:40 AM
    • 1,198 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    dr_adidas01
    • 4th Dec 12, 10:40 AM
    • 4th Dec 12, 10:40 AM
    Now now people play nicely the OP may have only opened the account over a month ago and may not be aware when the £5 reward is payed each month.

Were bound to get a few MSE forum members posting this question, after all were the ones that are recommending this account just for the purpose of getting the £5 monthly reward.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both.
  • Hooloovoo
    • 4th Dec 12, 11:01 AM
    • 4th Dec 12, 11:01 AM
    PAID

(filler)
    • StevieJ
    • By StevieJ 5th Dec 12, 12:22 PM
    • 18,911 Posts
    • 31,702 Thanks
    StevieJ
    • 5th Dec 12, 12:22 PM
    • 5th Dec 12, 12:22 PM
    I noticed with the £100 reward you had to transfer all DDs and salary to The Halifax. Is this also true of the £5 reward account now that the £100 isn't available or can you just open it as a second current account an transfer £1000 a month over?
    ‘Hard as it is to say now.. I look forward to a United States of Europe, in which the barriers between the nations will be greatly minimised and unrestricted travel will be possible.’
    Winston Churchill 21st Oct 1942
    • dr_adidas01
    • By dr_adidas01 5th Dec 12, 2:07 PM
    • 1,198 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    dr_adidas01
    I noticed with the £100 reward you had to transfer all DDs and salary to The Halifax. Is this also true of the £5 reward account now that the £100 isn't available or can you just open it as a second current account an transfer £1000 a month over?
    Originally posted by StevieJ

If you already have a bank account with Halifax, you can open a rewards account too.

I have one and I just transfer money from my main Halifax account to my rewards account and back again just to get the £5 reward.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both.
    • StevieJ
    • By StevieJ 5th Dec 12, 6:43 PM
    • 18,911 Posts
    • 31,702 Thanks
    StevieJ
    If you already have a bank account with Halifax, you can open a rewards account too.

I have one and I just transfer money from my main Halifax account to my rewards account and back again just to get the £5 reward.
    Originally posted by dr_adidas01
    What if you haven't? well I have ISAs and now a credit card but no current account.
    ‘Hard as it is to say now.. I look forward to a United States of Europe, in which the barriers between the nations will be greatly minimised and unrestricted travel will be possible.’
    Winston Churchill 21st Oct 1942
    • dr_adidas01
    • By dr_adidas01 6th Dec 12, 10:38 AM
    • 1,198 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    dr_adidas01
    What if you haven't? well I have ISAs and now a credit card but no current account.
    Originally posted by StevieJ

Then you can transfer the £1k a month from another account with a bank that you have an account with and then back again. You would still get the £5 a month.

Or if you have no bank account then I guess you could pay good old fashioned bank notes and coins into your account and then withdraw it a day later if you wanted to do it that way.

As long as the account is funded with £1k a month it doesn't matter how you deposit the money too it!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

553Posts Today

4,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Right folks im signing off for the weekend (well until my Sunday road show in Leeds). Have a good one!

• Final results of my tory leadership candidates twitter poll. Huge win for Theresa May, Andrea Leadsom distant 2nd https://t.co/jJxozPYFhi

• Ta for the regular stream of similar tweets. But, again, Id rather wire my nipples to electrodes & not in a good way https://t.co/npo6dvsLjG

• Follow Martin