Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Former MSE Becca
    How do you rate your home phone and broadband providers?
    • 13th Nov 12, 12:18 PM
    How do you rate your home phone and broadband providers? 13th Nov 12 at 12:18 PM

Poll started 13 November 2012, click here to vote

How do you rate your home phone and broadband providers?

We can tell you who the cheapest providers are, but to find out if their service is any good, we need your help.

Twice a year, we ask you to tell us about your customer service experience - ignoring price - with your current home phone and fixed broadband providers. Please vote below, with your service rating over the past SIX MONTHS.

For each of the following providers, you can vote Good, OK or Poor:

Direct Save Telecom
    John Lewis (formerly Greenbee/Waitrose)
    Karoo (Kingston Communications)
    KC Talk (Kingston Communications)
    Pipex (now TalkTalk)
    Post Office
    Southern Electric
    TalkTalk (incl Onetel, Freedom2Surf & Bulldog)
    The Phone Co-op
    Tiscali (now TalkTalk)
    Utility Warehouse
    Virgin Media (cable)
    Virgin National (non-cable)
    Vodafone At Home

Do you get phone and broadband from the same provider? Pick the same company for each.

Is your provider not listed? Suggest others in the thread below.

NOTE: This poll is on consumer home phone and broadband providers, and not business providers.

MSE Becca
Page 2
    • Gemini.IDF
    • By Gemini.IDF 15th Nov 12, 7:04 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    Overall, we get a good service from VM (phone, broadband, TV) - however, when there have been problems, it is pot luck whether you get through to UK support people or a call-centre in India (judging from the voice and line quality). UK support people have been a pleasure to deal with - but call-centre folks, although they do their best, cause elevated aggravation for the simple reason that I can barely understand them! I ought to track down the contact details for whoever heads up VM's customer support, and write them a letter with all of this - if they switched fully to local support teams, I reckon they'd have a lot more happy customers!
    Originally posted by AlanRalph
    Couldn't agree more. Everything about VM is great - except these awful call centres in India! They do their best I know and are extremely polite, but these centres do not really work, except for simple queries. However, I have found that if I persist, I can get put through to a British person in the UK who will bend over backwards to be helpful. The old NTL had absolutely terrible customer service, but Virgin has improved out of all recognition. You do only get what you pay for!
  • elcave
    It's difficult for me to give SKY a good rating for broadband as we have a poor connection and have had trouble from every provider used previously (BT and TT).
  • Jeff Bridges hair
    I use BT for both and I cant complain. Can also use the BT Fon network when I stay in London for free to so im always online when I want to be with no extra costs.
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
    • Swampmonster
    • By Swampmonster 17th Nov 12, 10:58 AM
    • 566 Posts
    • 1,053 Thanks
    BT- worse than useless

Advertised as up to 2mb broadband speed but only get 0.1mb usually less.

Thats less than 1/20th of the advertised speed and suprised they can get away with that actually.

Feel totally ripped off.

Can't wait till I'm out of contract then going with allpay the churchroof based wireless broadband. Will ditch BT for landline then too as it isn't needed for allpay and then just use my mobile for calls.

Can't wait!!!
    • miss kc
    • By miss kc 18th Nov 12, 11:49 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    miss kc
    Most providers are good when everything is working I think the acid test would be to rate how good providers are at dealing with problems or complaints
  • andyinyorkshire
    Karoo - Where are the results?
    For £40 a month a reasonable service (as close as to what you can call unlimited) when you have no choice... if only the we could have a non-monopoly price.
  • brightonman123
    tesco- good.
    Sometimes seen lurking on competitions forum :-)
    • Lum
    • By Lum 3rd Oct 13, 7:16 PM
    • 6,363 Posts
    • 3,885 Thanks
    tesco- good.
    Originally posted by brightonman123
    I think Tesco might be a bit laggy, it took nearly a year for your reply to reach this thread
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,998Posts Today

7,888Users online

Martin's Twitter