Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Employment, Jobseeking & Training > Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.g... (Page 5)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk
Views: 88,681
# 81
Kirito
Old 19-11-2012, 11:25 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Just had a quick look at this universal job match.. You don't have to sign up to be able to search and apply for jobs which is nice.

The problem I'm finding at the moment is that giving me considerably less results than the old site did.

The last appointment with my 'adviser' she told me I'd still have to fill in the job search booklet because they can't monitor other sites, though she didn't say whether signing up to universal job match was mandatory or not.

Honestly, she seemed more concerned about not knowing what was happening to her job now more things are moving online.

Oh well.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 82
Buellguy
Old 19-11-2012, 11:34 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Just had a quick look at this universal job match.. You don't have to sign up to be able to search and apply for jobs which is nice.

The problem I'm finding at the moment is that giving me considerably less results than the old site did.

The last appointment with my 'adviser' she told me I'd still have to fill in the job search booklet because they can't monitor other sites, though she didn't say whether signing up to universal job match was mandatory or not.

Honestly, she seemed more concerned about not knowing what was happening to her job now more things are moving online.

Oh well.
Yep about 5 whereas I used to get at least 200 within 15 miles of where I am.
So, tell me again why they had to change something that works - won't let me log in either
# 83
MissSarah1972
Old 19-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:

Did she say they they can't monitor the site?
# 84
john539
Old 19-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwoods4727 View Post
If you check the website you will see only 5 regions are listed Wales, London, Scotland, South east/Southern and yorkshire.
Where is the rest of the country ?
# 85
MissSarah1972
Old 19-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by john539 View Post
Where is the rest of the country ?
here

https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/JobSearch/Browse.aspx

haha

I wonder who tested this before it went live and I wonder when I sign on Friday if they are going to tell me about it.
# 86
Adamthegreat984
Old 19-11-2012, 11:43 AM
MoneySaving Convert

This new website scares me, im under the work programme using a login and my advisor can check style website. (rehabjobfit)

Can't be dealing with a second snooping team looking in on me.

Last edited by Adamthegreat984; 19-11-2012 at 11:46 AM.
# 87
john539
Old 19-11-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSarah1972 View Post
here

https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/JobSearch/Browse.aspx

haha

I wonder who tested this before it went live and I wonder when I sign on Friday if they are going to tell me about it.
You would think they would put in more than 5 regions.
# 88
john539
Old 19-11-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamthegreat984 View Post
This new website scares me, im under the work programme using a login and my advisor can check style website. (rehabjobfit)

They shouldn't be snooping unless they have your written agreement.

The website terms should state what's happening.
# 89
oneofmillions768
Old 19-11-2012, 11:52 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Well this is strange.

Couple of weeks ago got signed (Work Provider) upto Ingeus's portal where you were supposed to have job matches matched up to your profile via using the SOC codes which are also used on the job centre plus website.

Now for fourteen days, I logged into and everytime 'no matches' were shown...but surprise surprise first day of Universal Job Match and I have matches.

Now does anybody know if the Ingeus portal at ingeus works com is linked up to the Universal Job Match even though my advisor told me its entirely different and not linked up? Just seems very strange I get lots of job matches on the very day the new national job search goes online.

What are the data implications also, if Ingeus have access and are filtering their results from the Universal Job Match?
The Following User Says Thank You to oneofmillions768 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 90
MissSarah1972
Old 19-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamthegreat984 View Post

http://rehabjobfit.com/ ?

Rehab job fit sounds like you are in rehab!! Good choice of name!
# 91
1940sGal
Old 19-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambermam View Post
This is crap. I don't want them to show me a few jobs based on some skills that i typed in, i want to see ALL JOBS advertised and sort by date order, which is what i have done everyday and never had a problem.

They have made my search 10 times harder now and i will be finding other websites to search for vacancies.
Just type in your postcode, leaving the job title and skills boxes blank and it comes up with ALL jobs, then you can narrow down by miles etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1940sGal For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 92
Kirito
Old 19-11-2012, 12:02 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Did she say they they can't monitor the site?
She said they can only monitor what happens on the universal job match site, which is why you will still be required to fill in your job search booklet.

One of the things I noted on the new site was that there is an option to answer why you did not apply for a job after viewing it. So presumably job centre advisers will be able to see the jobs you have viewed AND applied for. This assumes though that you have registered an account which is tied to your person though otherwise they wouldn't really be able to determine who had sent that answer.

As I haven't registered(and don't plan to unless I'm forced to do so) I can't really say if they can actually track applied for positions. If they use a system(where you have to apply through the actual the site) similar to places like Reed.co.uk, Monster, Totaljobs etc then yes they will be able to track which jobs a certain account has applied for but only if it is done via the universal job match site. Maybe someone who has registered and applied for jobs through universal job match can shed some light on this.

For now though, I've just been applying directly using the employers contact details like they were on the old site.

Last edited by Kirito; 19-11-2012 at 12:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirito For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 93
weeta_bix
Old 19-11-2012, 12:05 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerlover View Post
I might ask the DWP to sign a declaration that in the event that they (or any of their "partners") lose or have hacked any of my personal details they will pay me 10,000 in compensation and signing this declaration is MANDATORY if they insist I agree to their terms and conditions.
I think you might be on to something here, at least as a back up if it turns out it really is mandatory.

I don't see that there is any statutory obligation to do this, unless the re-write jobseekers agreements. I am going to re-read our data protection laws.
# 94
Adamthegreat984
Old 19-11-2012, 12:10 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
http://rehabjobfit.com/ ?

Rehab job fit sounds like you are in rehab!! Good choice of name!
Yep thats the one, im work programme so i hand in form and sign on and iam out within 2-3 minutes of entering the building usally.

Then fornightly i see an advisor at the work programme place who check what jobs ive gone for on the system they use.
# 95
weeta_bix
Old 19-11-2012, 12:12 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofmillions768 View Post
Well this is strange.

Couple of weeks ago got signed (Work Provider) upto Ingeus's portal where you were supposed to have job matches matched up to your profile via using the SOC codes which are also used on the job centre plus website.

Now for fourteen days, I logged into and everytime 'no matches' were shown...but surprise surprise first day of Universal Job Match and I have matches.

Now does anybody know if the Ingeus portal at ingeus works com is linked up to the Universal Job Match even though my advisor told me its entirely different and not linked up? Just seems very strange I get lots of job matches on the very day the new national job search goes online.

What are the data implications also, if Ingeus have access and are filtering their results from the Universal Job Match?
Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a white label version of Universal Job Match. That is very sneaky. I will watch out for anything with SOC codes on.

I am due to attend the work programe for a review soon, I am sooo no looking forward to this today. If they ask me to sign up I will refuse and see what happens.
# 96
MissSarah1972
Old 19-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
She said they can only monitor what happens on the universal job match site, which is why you will still be required to fill in your job search booklet.

One of the things I noted on the new site was that there is an option to answer why you did not apply for a job after viewing it. So presumably job centre advisers will be able to see the jobs you have viewed AND applied for. This assumes though that you have registered an account which is tied to your person though otherwise they wouldn't really be able to determine who had sent that answer.

As I haven't registered(and don't plan to unless I'm forced to do so) I can't really say if they can actually track applied for positions. If they use a system(where you have to apply through the actual the site) similar to places like Reed.co.uk, Monster, Totaljobs etc then yes they will be able to track which jobs a certain account has applied for but only if it is done via the universal job match site. Maybe someone who has registered and applied for jobs through universal job match can shed some light on this.

For now though, I've just been applying directly using the employers contact details like they were on the old site.
Yes but on Reed no one but you can see the jobs you have applied for as its data protection so the same applies here surely

And someone posted a printed hand out that they got from the job centre and it said if they registered here they would not need to bring in a hand written register of jobs applied for but thats assuming this new site has every job in the world advertised on it and as we can see it's just the same as the old job seekeres direct website showing only jobs advertied on the dwp site not linking it to any other sites at all.
So we are still going to have to write down all the other jobs we apply for and that then in itself is a lie when they say you do not have to do so. Maybe I will ask if I get a similar letter given to me.

The option to say why you never applied may relate to jobs your adviser can highlight for you to apply via your acct when they log into it and you have to say why you didn't apply like 'my skills are not a match' etc and they then may ask you about this later.
# 97
john539
Old 19-11-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Yes but on Reed no one but you can see the jobs you have applied for as its data protection so the same applies here surely

And someone posted a printed hand out that they got from the job centre and it said if they registered here they would not need to bring in a hand written register of jobs applied for but thats assuming this new site has every job in the world advertised on it and as we can see it's just the same as the old job seekeres direct website showing only jobs advertied on the dwp site not linking it to any other sites at all.
So we are still going to have to write down all the other jobs we apply for and that then in itself is a lie when they say you do not have to do so. Maybe I will ask if I get a similar letter given to me.
Some jobs do link to external websites.

I believe on Universal Jobmatch account you can write up & add jobs/steps you did elsewhere.

So you'd have to manually write up jobs on your UJ account, jobs applied for on Reed & other websites.

Last edited by john539; 19-11-2012 at 1:05 PM.
# 98
john539
Old 19-11-2012, 12:38 PM

Jobcentres are giving out green leaflet (doc no: UJCUST) about Universal Jobmatch.

Nothing on it suggests its mandatory.
# 99
Miss tbc
Old 19-11-2012, 12:38 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Universal

The future will probably be run off the internet then they will be able to sell off all the job centres to raise some revenue.
# 100
weeta_bix
Old 19-11-2012, 12:41 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss tbc View Post
The future will probably be run off the internet then they will be able to sell off all the job centres to raise some revenue.
I think they have already said as much. Doesn't make this website any more justified though. Websites can be run fairly and in a way that respects people's private data. Don't stand for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to weeta_bix For This Useful Post: Show me >>