Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    CrazyHorseB
    50k to save for 6 months
    • 14th Nov 12, 12:22 PM
    50k to save for 6 months 14th Nov 12 at 12:22 PM
    I'm switching mortgage deals to the Tesco 2yr fixed at 1.99% and will be borrowing an additional 50k as part of the remortgage for a house extension we intend doing next year. Where/how should I invest it for 6 months?

Most of my ISA allowance is full (I could squeeze a few thousand in).

I obvously need fairly instant access and no bonus deals because I'll want it in 6 months.

I don't mind splitting it up a bit e.g. I could spread 15k into 3 Lloyds Vantage accounts at 3% + a Santader 123.

The best other savings accounts seem to be 2.4-2.5% (which is more than the 1.99% I'm paying on the mortgage anyway). Is there anything i'm not thinking of?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,507Posts Today

6,570Users online

Martin's Twitter