Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • BriThom
    • 19th Aug 12, 10:20 AM
    • 19th Aug 12, 10:20 AM
    I'm also interested in this question. My daughter's just about to start her second year and is now moving into rented accomodation and sharing with 3 other people. Will admit I did not do anything about insurance during the first year whilst she was in halls (a bit of a "head in sands" approach!). Any specific considerations related to shared student rented accomodation?
  • Voyager2002
    • 19th Aug 12, 11:57 AM
    • 19th Aug 12, 11:57 AM
    Check your own home insurance policy. Mine (from Tesco bank) includes cover for the possessions of student children). So you might already have the cover you need, or perhaps can buy it as an add-on to your own household insurance for a modest additional premium.

It is good to know that you had a positive experience when claiming with Endsleigh: please post this on a review site since it is difficult to know which insurers are fair when handling claims.
  • harvey1964
    • 19th Aug 12, 12:44 PM
    • 19th Aug 12, 12:44 PM
    Check your own home insurance policy. Mine (from Tesco bank) includes cover for the possessions of student children). So you might already have the cover you need, or perhaps can buy it as an add-on to your own household insurance for a modest additional premium.

It is good to know that you had a positive experience when claiming with Endsleigh: please post this on a review site since it is difficult to know which insurers are fair when handling claims.
    Originally posted by Voyager2002
    I cant fault them as you know what students are like with their mobiles and laptops. My friends son lost his mobile and it was insured on his parents home in surance policy and it was weeks before they agreed to replace it. That's what puts me off.At least he was able to go the next day and get his iphone sorted.
    My son will also be starting 2nd year in a shared house and def need his laptop and iphone insured. so maybe someone will come on and advise us
    I havnt had the renewal yet from Endsleigh for the 2nd year insurance but it was approx 100 the firts year.
    It came with all the info on results day !
  • silvercar
    • 19th Aug 12, 1:17 PM
    • 19th Aug 12, 1:17 PM
    I've used cover4students in the past.
    • New York No1 fan
    • By New York No1 fan 19th Aug 12, 4:07 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    New York No1 fan
    • 19th Aug 12, 4:07 PM
    • 19th Aug 12, 4:07 PM
    My son is at newcastle uni and last year we had endsleigh student insurance to cover his "gadgets" his iphone and laptop. It was good - He dropped his iphone and broke the screen, they replaced it immediately for him, It was 100 for the year. just wondering is there any where else i could try to see if i can get a more competitive quote.
    Originally posted by harvey1964
    Try protect your bubble, they are competitive too.
  • b1505
    • 19th Aug 12, 8:39 PM
    • 19th Aug 12, 8:39 PM
    I cant fault them as you know what students are like with their mobiles and laptops. My friends son lost his mobile and it was insured on his parents home in surance policy and it was weeks before they agreed to replace it. That's what puts me off.At least he was able to go the next day and get his iphone sorted.
    My son will also be starting 2nd year in a shared house and def need his laptop and iphone insured. so maybe someone will come on and advise us
    I havnt had the renewal yet from Endsleigh for the 2nd year insurance but it was approx 100 the firts year.
    It came with all the info on results day !
    Originally posted by harvey1964
    Do Endsleigh offer renewal prices? I paid so much for mine last year and hoping it will come down a lot otherwise I won't be able to afford it.
  • harvey1964
    • 20th Aug 12, 5:41 AM
    • 20th Aug 12, 5:41 AM
    been having a look at the others listed above.Endsleigh are the most expensive.might ring my own House insurance company and see. protect my buuble dont cover laptop if you loose it.....mmm hard to know which one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,323Posts Today

6,438Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin