Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • spadoosh
    • By spadoosh 6th Aug 12, 12:30 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 2,994 Thanks
    spadoosh
    • 6th Aug 12, 12:30 PM
    • 6th Aug 12, 12:30 PM
    Consider changing banks, probably best looking at banks that charge a set fee for going overdrawn as opposed to a daily one youll currently be paying £90ish for using the overdraft think this can be had for around £25-30 Though might be difficult to be accepted for the same amount of overdraft you have currently.

Spend as little as possible and pay it off as quick as possible. A few super scrimping months is better than paying £90 a month for ages!
    Don't be angry!
    • spadoosh
    • By spadoosh 6th Aug 12, 12:32 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 2,994 Thanks
    spadoosh
    • 6th Aug 12, 12:32 PM
    • 6th Aug 12, 12:32 PM
    could be worth doing a statement of affairs (budget) and posting on here, the guys and gals are pretty good at helping you make cut backs if possible!

Your spending habits will be scrutinised and judged so be prepared to fight for anything you feel is a 'need'
    Don't be angry!
  • treenie01
    • 6th Aug 12, 3:53 PM
    • 6th Aug 12, 3:53 PM
    I have to scrimp anyway at the moment as I only work during gene time so don't get paid for the summer months. I think this is where the blind panic has come from because November will only be my second full wage. I have a nationwide account from before I was a student which currently isn't used so I can go back to using that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,805Posts Today

6,304Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @hugorifkind: Arguing that Hitler was a Zionist is like arguing that the slave trade was pro-immigration. Get a grip.

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Morning! In this week's email: Loads of ways to save inc. Urgent Sky £30/mth, M&S 50%, £36off Tesco & Hotpoint wins: ht?

• RT @GMB: Fancy coming on GMB to learn how to save loads on your car insurance with @MartinSLewis? Find out more: https://t.co/B9vQfOliPA

• Follow Martin