Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Palema
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge 2012
    • 1st Dec 11, 6:09 AM
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge 2012 1st Dec 11 at 6:09 AM
    Hey Everyone,

Spam.Jam started a thread in 2009 for a VSP (Virtual Sealed Pot) Challenge. I continued the Challenge on in 2010 and 2011. Now we are going into 2012 so here is the new thread!!
    Linky to the 2009 challenge
    Linky to the 2010 challenge
    Linky to the 2011 challenge

The aim is very Simple!!
    Every Friday (Or whatever day is easier for you) the aim is to transfer the pounds and pence to round it down to the next nearest 10. So if you have 36.78 in credit you will transfer 6.78, or 20.04 in credit you would transfer 0.04 only. Some banks do not allow you to transfer less than 1 – If this is the case what I tend to do is note what the money I have left that week then add it in the following weeks transfer.

For me:
    The 'Virtual Sealed Pot' is a savings account that is not attached to my bank account and that I cannot dip into whenever I wanted to. I do forget about it which is what the intention is!
    IN 2010 there were 81 members of the challenge.

In 2011 we had 171 members
    I would love this to increase again in 2012
    For anyone interested:
    81 members in 2010 we managed to save a staggering 9031.31
    In 2011 from the 171 member we managed to save 19,393.00

The 2012 challenge will run from Thursday 1st December 2011 until Friday 30th November 2012. Like the Sealed Pot Challenge
    it is a good way to save money for Christmas hence the dates of the challenge
    To make things easier for me, I would ask that everyone post their VSP number ( I will assign these in due course) in their signature and post their total (in colour if possible please) on the thread, so I can add it to the running totals in this post.

If anyone wants to set themselves a target for their savings please let me know.

For those continuing on from 2011 please let me know what your starting total is or if you are starting again in 2012.

Anyone else wishing to join, please just ask, you're most welcome and it's NEVER too late.
    Please be patient when asking to join, I am not online every day so it may be a day or two before you are added to the list and assigned a number.

Good Luck everyone
    P
    X

Last edited by Palema; 03-06-2012 at 5:54 PM.
    ~ VSP 2013 member #1 (AKA The speedway season ticket fund ) 92.69
    ~
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2013 #1030 23.98
    ~ 2 Coin Savers Club #4 24.00
    ~ Gift Fund 120

Moved into my own flat on 22nd February 2013!!

Page 40
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,455Posts Today

7,574Users online

Martin's Twitter