Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Who & Where are You? > Disability & Dosh > ATOS - Official Secrets Act (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
ATOS - Official Secrets Act
Closed Thread
Views: 1,598
# 1
Richie-from-the-Boro
Old 14-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default ATOS - Official Secrets Act

- read it here

Tom Greatrex: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions whether Atos Healthcare employees involved in work capability assessment are subject to the Official Secrets Act 1989. [94567]

Chris Grayling: The work of Department for Work and Pensions is confidential and the Official Secrets Act binds all staff. Under the Act, it is a criminal offence for civil servants to disclose any official information without lawful authority. Atos Healthcare do not have to sign the Official Secrets Act. There are specified clauses in the Medical Services Agreement which confirms that Atos Healthcare will comply with the same confidentiality rules and any person found to be knowingly disclosing confidential information would be subject to disciplinary action and in some instances it could be treated as a criminal offence
Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
# 2
woodbine
Old 15-04-2012, 8:39 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Richie out of interest in what if anyway could you envisage this causing problems for atos staff?
~~~JOHN~~~

# 3
cit_k
Old 18-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

I psoted about this in a thread in DT, cant recall which one - grayling is lying - the contract does bind ATOS to the official secrets act in numerous places.

If you search for it you can probably find my post - it quotes various sections from teh contract that mention the official secrets act.

Its not a new thing either the contract is dated 2005.
# 4
Tiddlywinks
Old 19-04-2012, 6:13 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

They'd also have to comply with the Data Protection Act as well so would not be able to discuss or disclose personal data without appropriate authority.
Closed Thread