Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    dietdemon
    50 years of age -relocate to the country??
    • 15th Apr 12, 10:03 AM
    50 years of age -relocate to the country?? 15th Apr 12 at 10:03 AM
    My children are grown up and left home now and OH and I are in the enviable position of being able to consider living where we want within reason, budget, and somewhere within commuting distance to work for us both! (I currently commute for 3 hours a day anyway!)

We have been looking into this for a while and want to live somewhere that is rural but with some facilities such as local shop, pub.

We will be constrained by a modest budget but have seen properties within our price range. We still have a mortgage.

Currently our house is in a nice area in a city but we do love the countryside and want to "live the dream". Has anybody on the forums relocated to the country, particularly at our age! I would love to hear of your experiences.

Are we to old to consider relocating?

Any thoughts welcome.
Page 2
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

797Posts Today

6,319Users online

Martin's Twitter