Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    DCA1983
    Held Hostage By NPOWER
    • 31st Mar 12, 1:26 PM
    Held Hostage By NPOWER 31st Mar 12 at 1:26 PM
    Hi,

I've been having problems with Npower since we switched from British Gas in 2005. Unfortunately I have never been able to leave them as I have always owed an outstanding balance. The problems started with Npower undercharging us when the direct debits were set up, leaving us with a bill we could not afford to pay. Direct Debits have been increased over the years from 60per mth to 176per mth but the balance has continued to grow. Some months the direct debts have been cancelled by both me and Npower if there has not been enough money in the account that month to pay it. I have called Npower today to reset up a direct debit but they are refusing to do this because it has been cancelled twice in the last 12 months, the only way they will reset it is if I pay them 50% of the o/s balance which is 450, something I can not afford. Their only suggestion is prepayment meters, either I agree to this or they will obtain a warrant to do so. I have agreed and rang again and spoken to someone else who has advised exactly the same. I don't know what to do as I really don't want to be on a meter. I have thought about closing the account as it is in my name and have my boyfried open up an account in his name with another supplier. I would probably be sent to a dca for the o/s Npower balance but then I would be able to set up affordable monthly repayments. Do you think that this is possible as the Npower account is only in my name? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Page 2
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,817Posts Today

7,471Users online

Martin's Twitter