Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • farquarpigmix
    • By farquarpigmix 1st May 05, 8:21 PM
    • 227Posts
    • 38Thanks
    farquarpigmix
    Cleaning a 3 piece suite
    • 1st May 05, 8:21 PM
    Cleaning a 3 piece suite 1st May 05 at 8:21 PM
    Hi, After some tips on cleaning a cream coloured suite. All help will be appreciated.

Regards

Farquarpigmix
Page 1
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 1st May 05, 9:33 PM
    • 13,811 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 1st May 05, 9:33 PM
    • 1st May 05, 9:33 PM
    Hiya,

Welcome to MoneySaving.

I'm sure someone will be along soon with a good answer... he sez... hopefully... I had a look in our cleaning thread and couldn't spot anything useful, sorry. Spot. No pun intended
    Last edited by squeaky; 01-05-2005 at 10:01 PM.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • sarah1
    • 1st May 05, 10:47 PM
    • 1st May 05, 10:47 PM
    HI
    Check local free newspapers for special offers on small cleaning companies, or give them a call and ask them what offers they have on at the momment.
    We had ours cream three peice cleaned last year for £26. It came up like brand new and it was bone dry when the guy had finished.
    It's not worth the expense of cleaning materials and all the hard graft of doing it yourself . These guy have the machines and expertise to do it quickly and they look and smell great afterwards.
  • reverie
    • 1st May 05, 11:22 PM
    • 1st May 05, 11:22 PM
    I know this sounds stupid but do they definately not have removable covers? Just checking as my dear mum spent hours trying to clean a suite once and then found hidden zips to remove the covers! Doh..
    • Coolhandluke
    • By Coolhandluke 2nd May 05, 7:32 PM
    • 542 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    Coolhandluke
    • 2nd May 05, 7:32 PM
    • 2nd May 05, 7:32 PM
    If covers aint removable then tend to agree with Sarah,had a couple of chinese type floor rugs cleaned the other day by professional cleaner and they came up like new.I was very impressed.
    • farquarpigmix
    • By farquarpigmix 2nd May 05, 7:36 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    farquarpigmix
    • 2nd May 05, 7:36 PM
    • 2nd May 05, 7:36 PM
    Hi Everybody,

Thanks for replys, will check papers etc for best deals.
  • Luis
    • 2nd May 05, 10:16 PM
    • 2nd May 05, 10:16 PM
    What's the covering made of?
    "It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that, I'm sorry. But you can take my word for it, your mother had it comin'."

Overlord for the Axis of Evil (part time)
    • farquarpigmix
    • By farquarpigmix 3rd May 05, 12:34 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    farquarpigmix
    • 3rd May 05, 12:34 PM
    • 3rd May 05, 12:34 PM
    Hi Luis,

A fine cotton cord I think?
  • Luis
    • 3rd May 05, 5:51 PM
    • 3rd May 05, 5:51 PM
    Can you not sponge it with a proprietary cleaner? It would not be that hard work.
    "It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that, I'm sorry. But you can take my word for it, your mother had it comin'."

Overlord for the Axis of Evil (part time)
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 3rd May 05, 6:15 PM
    • 13,811 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    squeaky
    I did that with a "free" sofa that had had dogs virtually living on it. Vanish for the muck and Febreeze for the pong. Cost me darn near fifty quid in all - and LOTS of scrubbing.

OK I admit - just a clean would be half that, less if it's not very dirty... but from the prices I've seen quoted here for professional cleaning I WISH I'd met MoneySavers earlier!
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,496Posts Today

6,642Users online

Martin's Twitter