September 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• I haven't had time to catch up on the thread so I hope everyone's month is going well.

I've just been to Mr T. Only needed a few bits but ended up wandering around and buying more than I needed. It is all stuff we can use - lots for the freezer but I'm meant to be trying not to spend!!
    Spent £60.32 - £2 of which was for bday/xmas pressie box so £58.32 which I will add to my sig now.

I did get lots and lots of reduced fish so that should keep up going for a couple of months ;)

I'm great at not spending if I'm not near shops so must avoid them for a good few days now!
  • Spent 41.84 on Monday so now upto 114.49 :) Quite pleased with myself so far. Hasn't been too hard cause we are really skint his month any way. Must admit have been eating alot healthier and feel alot better for it, thank goodness for A*di and L*dl and their cheap fruit and veg :rotfl:
    Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend...

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,474
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hi all,

I have just received my approved foods order and I am ashamed of all the junk I have bought:eek:

I now own the worlds biggest selection of biscuits, sweets and crisps as well as an industrial quantiy of EV olive oil, several tonnes of complete dog food and enough malaysian curry sauce and chicken gravy to feed a small country:rotfl:

As I have said previously, I was intending to set up my own tuck shop style 2nd purse, and will do that - I now beleive I will be a millionaire by Christmas, even if I charge myself 20p an item :rotfl:

The downside - i have approx £150 to last till the end of the month on REAL food. - but as someone once said, if I run out of food - let them eat cake! (and crisps and biscuits):A

Off to work out my explanation speach to the OH:D

PS either the dishwasher or the washing machine have blown my electric - as both full of water will have to wait for OH to come home to help me move them before I know which is broken (sockets behind them) - I hope its not fatal - would hate to loose either of them:cool:

Have a fantabulous day x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Reporting a couple of spends today at Mr Ts couldn't resist the Special K glitch also some free soups spent 12.09, 2.64 and 8.98 at co-op on loo rolls and lager (with coupon of course!!) will update sig now!!!
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
  • ixia
    ixia Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Hi everyone

update last few days shopping

Pleased with this shop went to Mr S for a few bits and was to pick up a couple of things for my mum so managed to use a coupon and used some rewards.

So for £5.01 I got:
    • coleslaw
    • potato salad
    • 4 packets potato wedges
    • 2 packs bacon
    • 2 tubs marg
    • pkt chicken skewers
    • pkt cheese and onion mini rolls
    • 9 pack andrex
    • 3 pack of teatowels
    • pkt quorn bacon
    Spent another £3.77 in Mr A and £3.98 in HB so total left for month is £159.23 still got a way to go to make it to the end of the month but fingers crossed. :)
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi all, hope you are well :)

Just popping in to report another spend of £5.58 in Mr T's today... I came out without anything on my list (non grocery stuff that they, to my surprise, didn't sell anymore), but then again I didn't pay full price for a single item I bought... stocked up on a lot of broccoli, which was priced between 10-15p a bunch, and some buns for the boys packed lunches at 55p for 12... by the time my meat stockup arrives from my online order, I will not be able to fit a single thing in my freezer :rotfl:

Oh and I treated myself to a tub of Carte Dor Creme Cherry ice cream... that was on offer for £2 a tub, and after the past couple of days I bloomin well need it! ;)
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • popped mto the supermarket for bananas tea bags and milk, spent £5
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • Chocolate Fridge Cake

Warning - highly addictive and very lush!!

100gr unsalted butter [cubed]
    2 tbsp clear honey
    300gr dark chocolate [broken into squares]
    100gr milk chocolate [broken into squares]
    5 digestive biscuits [chopped]
    100gr mini marshmallows
    100gr macadamia halves

1. Put the butter, honey and choc into a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until the butter and choc have melted and the mixture is smooth - be careful not to overheat it.
    2. Take the bowl off the heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients
    3. Tip the mixture into an 18cm square tin [ideally one with a removable base] that you have lined with clingfilm. Leave to cool, then cover and chill for 2-3 hours or until firm and set.
    4. Remove the fridge cake from the tin, peel off the clingfilm and slice to serve.

Yum, yum

Recipe taken from Sainsburys Magazine

Helen
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    helen, Chocolate Fridge Cake is now in the index <insert drooling smiley here> :D
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Not many Nsd but have been frugal well for me. I have been budgeting weekly from Fridays so am going to try much harder this week. Although have ds2 birthday tea coming up. Local Sainsb's has closed for a week and am kicking myself that I missed out there.
    October Grocery Challenge £400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport