June 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    hi...nsd today which makes a change...got sc beef for tea and its started raining so thats suitable...i thought it would be hot when we were eating it

just made a meal plann for a week and a shopping list...aldi change their super6 offers on sun...i think...so i might go and have a look at them

need to do some baking as have nowt in the tin

tata tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Spent €45.40 in Lidl today, that's it until Monday week as we will be away, meant to go to Aldi too as they have pineapples on special but forgot until I was home, will be nearby swimming to-night so will go then if I can get in early enough...love pineapple and would like to dry some while they cheap.

Good luck all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    Mr T coc*ed up in my favor for a change:j I ordered and was charged for 3 Imp Leather Foamburst and was delivered 6. Saving of £5 (They were on offer - so actually I suppose I saved £10.24)

No substitutions and went through Qu**co so free on delivery.

Quite happy with that. £66.01 to add to my total.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • tootoo
    tootoo Posts: 681
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hello all,
    I've spent £3.38 the last few days, still not doing too bad and we're half way through June so I'm quite proud of myself!!!!
    MFW.....Apr 33 Aim - Dec 26
  • espresso21
    espresso21 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Hi All,

Does anyone have any ideas apart from the normal for mince? or for that matter chicken?
    THanks in advance!
    Have a lovely cheap week all!

:) SS x

I've got a mince curry recipe if you're interested. Goes really well with a hm paratha
  • 69chick
    69chick Posts: 544 Forumite
    espresso21 wrote: »
    I've got a mince curry recipe if you're interested. Goes really well with a hm paratha

Yes Pleeaassee :cool:
    Starting with Avon C6 target sales £150.00
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    just done my shopping list ready for tomorrow, for a!di, sains,and t3sco comes to £61 i really wanted it under £50 ( DH's beer has put £10 on :cool:)

theres no meat on the list either as i still have some in the freezer and theres no biscuits or sweets . its shocking how much food has increased.

ive got plenty of baking stuff in so will make a cake and some scones
  • espresso21
    espresso21 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Indian-style mince with potatoes and peas.
    Serves 4
    Cooks in about 30 min

3 tbsp ghee (it says this in the recipe but I leave it out - after all the mince will have some fat and I don't think added fat is necessary)

600g mince (I use beef but the recipe says pork would work too)

2 onions, chopped

2 garlic cloves, chopped

2 chillies, cut in to rings (I removed the seeds so it wasn't too hot)

1tsp fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped

1 tsp cumin seeds

1tsp garam masala

1/2 tsp turmeric

250 ml beef stock (I used those gel pots)

300g / 2 cups diced baking potatoes

1 tbsp paprika

150g / 1 cup frozen peas

pinch cayenne pepper

salt to season

Gently fry the meat until lightly browned. Add the onions, garlic, chilli, ginger, cumin seeds, garam masala and turmeric and cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the stock, potatoes and paprika and cook on low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. (I found I needed to cook it for a little longer to get the potatoes cooked through and had to add a little more water / stock). Stir in the peas and simmer for a further 10 min. Season with salt or cayenne pepper and serve.

I would serve this with either rice, wraps or homemade rotis (which are very cheap and easy to make)
  • 123budget
    123budget Posts: 171 Forumite
    Haven't been on th forum much this month, have completely lost track of grocery shopping and would guess I am way over the huge budget I had already set myself. Two more birthdays and a prom to go:eek: I think my main aim is now try not to get overdrawn this month!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2011 / no. 1205 £110 made]Sealed Pot Challenge 2012/no 1205 target £300
    Jan g/c 355.83/£450
    g/c Feb487.66/£400
    March 411.03/£450
    To feed 5 adults and 2 dogs includes toiletries & cleanining
  • Just quickly logging in....

small spend of £1.20 needed milk and i couldnt see the usual one i get for 75p so picked up the next cheapest.... big mistake ive managed to pick up full fat milk..... havent had this since i was a small child and it seems like drinking cream now. Hadnt realised i had become so used to drinking 1% fat milk. I will still use it up as i cant stand waste but damn that will teach me for not looking properly. :mad::o
    HSBC [STRIKE]£3223.20[/STRIKE] £2060.00
    Cap1 [STRIKE]£1724.91[/STRIKE] £1782.00
    OD [STRIKE]£939.78[/STRIKE] £200.00
    No 49 of £2012 in 2012.. £645.10 so far & Crazy Clothes £14.09/£100.00 ReducingtheToiletryStash2012 UU12/IN 20 March Grocery 0.00/£65.00 & LbsNot£s Lost 14Lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure