5 mins spare to help test new CallCheckers?

Options
Hi everyone,

We're very close to launching the new versions of our CallCheckers, it would be really great and very much appreciated if you could spend 5 mins helping us to test them?

Full details here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=39516992#post39516992

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 20 December 2010 at 5:40PM
    Options
    The (10.9p connection) text is missing underneath the BT 1.5p/min charge on 7.01pm to 6.59am 0870 calls.

The (10.9p connection) text is missing underneath the BT 5.9p/min charge on 7am to 7pm Mon-Fri 0870 calls.

Ditto for 0845 calls

BTW, that 10.9p charge will increase to 11½p on 4-1-2011 too.

EDIT. It appears BT's connection charge is omitted throughout the new CallCheckers for some reason. Don't understand that.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Heinz
    edited 20 December 2010 at 3:15PM
    Options
    Strange one this. Check, say, the weekend price of an 0870 call and the results list appears below the data entry section and you are auto-scrolled down to the top of the results list.

Fine, EXCEPT that the Time of day field simultaneously reverts to Daytime (7am to 7pm Mon-Fri) so, if you scroll back up, you might assume you had been looking at the Daytime prices.

IMHO, that Time of day field needs to remain as the user sets it, until the user changes it again.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Heinz
    edited 20 December 2010 at 4:49PM
    Options
    Why is an 0844 gateway provider offering, say, 1p/min + 10.9p connection to call an overseas destination listed above 18185 which offers 1p/min + 4p connection?

Surely 18185 should be listed first?

The same applies to the listing positions of 1899 and 18866 where they offer the same per minute price as one or more 0844 gateway providers and a much cheaper connection charge.
  • Heinz
    Options
    It is accepted that 0843/4, 0871/2/3 and 09 numbers cannot be included in the UK CallChecker but where are the comparisons for calls to the 055 and 056 number ranges?
  • Former_MSE_Archna
    Options
    Hi Heinz,

Many thanks for the feedback.

Heinz wrote: »
    Strange one this. Check, say, the weekend price of an 0870 call and the results list appears below the data entry section and you are auto-scrolled down to the top of the results list.

Fine, EXCEPT that the Time of day field simultaneously reverts to Daytime (7am to 7pm Mon-Fri) so, if you scroll back up, you might assume you had been looking at the Daytime prices.

IMHO, that Time of day field needs to remain as the user sets it, until the user changes it again.

Techies are looking to fix this.
    Why is an 0844 gateway provider offering, say, 1p/min + 10.9p connection to call an overseas destination listed above 18185 which offers 1p/min + 4p connection?

Surely 18185 should be listed first?

The same applies to the listing positions of 1899 and 18866 where they offer the same per minute price as one or more 0844 gateway providers and a much cheaper connection charge.

Being fixed.
    It is accepted that 0843/4, 0871/2/3 and 09 numbers cannot be included in the UK CallChecker but where are the comparisons for calls to the 055 and 056 number ranges?

This is something we'll look at next quarter when prices change as it's not a number range that is massivly well used.
  • Heinz
    edited 21 December 2010 at 6:10PM
    Options
    Thanks Archna.

I note that BT's 10.9p connection charge has now appeared - unfortunately, it's also appeared where it should not have (weekend calls to 01/02/03 and 0845 and 0870 numbers).

More comments on the other thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure