Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 24th Feb 10, 1:25 PM
    • 29,677Posts
    • 45,215Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)
    • 24th Feb 10, 1:25 PM
    Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4) 24th Feb 10 at 1:25 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , and the third thread - Part 3 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, I can move & change posts, but don't read them all, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones
Page 610
  • dragonllew
    oh dear, after 34 days of no spending I just fell off the stash wagon and spent 10.98 on punches
    Originally posted by Gemm85
    Oh dear Gemm well you did better than me
    • TomsMom
    • By TomsMom 15th Aug 10, 9:48 AM
    • 4,706 Posts
    • 13,045 Thanks
    TomsMom
    Just a quickie, but here is a static version of the image if you would prefer to display this than register at photobucket
    Or for anyone else who would prefer it!

Originally posted by Soulie
    Thank you Soulie, I'll get it put on my whatsit.

Love the links dragonllew,but I,m a complete computer illiterate,how on earth do I get to download them,Thought I could just click and print them out,duh ,I,m so thick its beyond belief.only just found out how to use the printer,havent even tried scanning yet,lol.
    Originally posted by artydoll
    Some of them you have to create an account and put the free ones in your basket. That's OK, nothing to worry about. Then go to checkout, you wont have to pay. You'll then get the download links. Just click Download and a box will come up to Save. Make a folder on your desktop or in My Documents then click Save and choose to save it in that folder. Hope that helps. I'm not clever with a computer, just learning as I go along.
    • TomsMom
    • By TomsMom 15th Aug 10, 9:50 AM
    • 4,706 Posts
    • 13,045 Thanks
    TomsMom
    Oops, sorry, post crossed with Dragonllew's reply. You've got it twice now, to be sure, to be sure .
  • Soma
    oh dear, after 34 days of no spending I just fell off the stash wagon and spent 10.98 on punches

34 days is really good over a month. are you planning on restarting the stash diet?
    • lizalloareds
    • By lizalloareds 15th Aug 10, 10:22 AM
    • 1,807 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    lizalloareds
    Hi Everyone

Thanks Eylsia we won 4-0
    Well done to all winners and hugs to everyone who needs them

got lots to do today going to paint the decking and ironing to do, be back later
    • Marg
    • By Marg 15th Aug 10, 10:25 AM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Congratulations on lasting so long! What have you bought?
    • bunbun2
    • By bunbun2 15th Aug 10, 10:37 AM
    • 3,498 Posts
    • 28,814 Thanks
    bunbun2
    BunBun was it this one freebie download of mobile phones here

Artydoll, I can't remember if Dragonllew kindly mentioned this one all freebies on this part of the site
    Originally posted by THE-WIFE
    thanks the wife. it was more a digi image I was thinking of but I may be able to use this one too
    • Marg
    • By Marg 15th Aug 10, 12:12 PM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    My next project re the list has started!

I've got an email address for:
    Addams
    Cgcockcroft
    Craftygranny
    CT
    DTB
    Flourgirl
    Furry
    Gemma
    Hassy
    Kms
    LoubyLou
    Melissa
    Popkins
    Rainmac
    Rusty
    ScattyJan
    TiredMum
    WannaB

If your name isn't there OR if you've changed it recently can you please pm me your email address so I can update the masterlist? Thank you
  • THE-WIFE
    Just whizzing in before taking off for a party, am kitted out in the red and purple cozzie 'cos there's a HUGE cake to dive into this afternoon. It might be a belly flop as there's gonna be jelly and ice-cream, defo a party for grown ups

Soulie thank you so much for our fab little badge it's on me bloog along with another card.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 15th Aug 10, 1:40 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl
    Soulie Thankyou so much for making the badge blinkie It is now proudly displayed on my B... xx
  • Addams
    Hello all
    Just got back off holiday yesterday. We had a lovely time in Ireland. The weather on the whole wasnt bad, it rained a bit at night, but daytime was mostly fine. Done loads of washing since I got back. Yesterdays loads were hanging around the house as it rained most of the day! At least today I have managed to hang it on the line!

There is loads to go through since I have been away! I will try to catch up at some point and with the blogs too, but it may take a while.

Hope everyones been well and had good holidays and not yet strangled the kids!

Hugs to all. xx
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
  • Gemm85
    34 days is really good over a month. are you planning on restarting the stash diet?
    Originally posted by Soma
    Yes I'm back on the wagon now will have to re-start my counter though. I just had to get the punch as I've been waiting for it to come back into stock for ages and didnt want to miss out, then another one happened to fall into the basket with it
  • Gemm85
    Congratulations on lasting so long! What have you bought?
    Originally posted by Marg
    I ordered 2 X-cut punches from the glitter pot, a scalloped square one as last time I ordered it, it JUST went out of stock and I wasn't able to get one anywhere for love nor money. and I'm trying one of the X cut embossing flower ones cause I remember someone said they are better than the nellie snellens...!

can't wait for them to arrive, I bet my postie must wonder whats happened to me as the steady stream of packages suddenly stopped

I must get on with my crafty ribbons projects today, have finished one and have another idea, just need to get it done!
    • jazabelle
    • By jazabelle 15th Aug 10, 3:33 PM
    • 1,686 Posts
    • 4,679 Thanks
    jazabelle
    Eek, had a right spending spree on promarkers last night. I can't WAIT for them to arrive. I tried to get a light and dark one of each colour - but there are so many I have do doubt I'll be ordering more soon!

I can't wait to colour my chart in, as well! I also got a wallet to keep them in. Thanks everyone for their suggestions!

Another question (sorry!): I'm looking for a fireplace template. Quite big - for the main focus of the card. I should just be able to come up with it by myself, but sadly I'm just not that creative!
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • ScattyJan
    Glad to see you back Addams and thanks to Soulie will go and pop it on my b***
    xx
    • cazarol
    • By cazarol 15th Aug 10, 5:06 PM
    • 764 Posts
    • 1,641 Thanks
    cazarol
    thanks the wife. it was more a digi image I was thinking of but I may be able to use this one too
    Originally posted by bunbun2
    Wow, just printed off the reindeer sheet from the printable Heaven Site, they are gorg !! Thats a few charity cards sorted. Thanks
    • cazarol
    • By cazarol 15th Aug 10, 5:07 PM
    • 764 Posts
    • 1,641 Thanks
    cazarol
    BunBun was it this one freebie download of mobile phones here

Artydoll, I can't remember if Dragonllew kindly mentioned this one all freebies on this part of the site
    Originally posted by THE-WIFE
    Whoops, meant to use this one as a quote to the last posting !!
  • ali.b.123
    Hi ladies, Soulie - thanks for the static I have got it on my b***.
    Gemm - lol.
    marg - have pm'd you my email.
    addams - glad you had a good holiday - I would love to go to Ireland.

Off for a little bxxx hop xx
    • artydoll
    • By artydoll 15th Aug 10, 6:08 PM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 11,411 Thanks
    artydoll
    Marg have pm,d my email addy
    • flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 15th Aug 10, 6:23 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl
    ali.b I did get my punch it took 2 weeks though! good job they were on offer and free p&p. Trouble with me is when I press commit to buy I want the postie to be knocking at my door with it!! lol

Gemm I have been hovering over 2 punches from Glitterpot and when I finally decided to buy one was out of stock!! Think you deserve to celebrate with a bit of stash
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,215Posts Today

6,529Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin