Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    Driving a 3-wheeled motorbike on car licence
    • #1
    • 4th Aug 10, 11:27 PM
    Driving a 3-wheeled motorbike on car licence 4th Aug 10 at 11:27 PM
    My son has been looking at purchasing a scooter or 125cc motorbike to get him to college every day. On one leaflet for Piaggio, there was a range of motorbikes with twin front wheels, these grabbed my attention as a possible solution to my transport needs should I get offered a job I had an interview for.

    My question is this. for the purposes of law, are they a motorbike, or are they a trike?. If they are the former, then my car license doesn't cover me to ride one, but if it is indeed a trike, then I can ride it as it would be covered by a car license (three wheeled cars and trikes are class A or B depending on whether or not they are manual or auto).

    I have asked many people, but no-one seems to know.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

    Member #1 of 1,000 challenge - 288.64 / 1000 (that's 28.864%)

    Do you/your spouse earn less than 197 p/w ?. Fill-in Form R85 and get your Bank interst Tax free.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

199Posts Today

1,601Users online

Martin's Twitter