We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Elephant (adminal) car insurance panoramic sunroof

Options
Hi..

I have been reading up on my insurance policy and that elephant do not cover a factory fitted car roof (opensky) which my type of car is fitted with.

Looking at another persons issue with the roof being smashed and a total cost from audi of £3000 plus labour for a new complete roof im wondering why in your policy the roof is not covered.

My final question would be does anyone recommend any car insurance like elephant that covers your opensky roof?
Audi - Vorsprung durch Technik :D

Comments

• raskazz
    raskazz Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    Options
    Are you sure that the policy does not cover it?

I would expect it to be covered under the Accidental Damage section of the policy but not the Windscreen/Glass section (as long as it had been disclosed correctly if an optional extra), and the Elephant policy wording confirms this. Could I ask why you say that Elephant 'don't cover' it?
  • richard-
    richard- Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh so does this only apply to windscreen cover (i.e. the £60 excess)..

'Section 4: Windscreen damage

What is not covered:

To repair or replace sunroofs or any other glass forming part of your car'

http://www.elephant.co.uk/policyDocs/el51_(ONLINE-ONLY)_POLICYBOOK_PORTRAIT_0509.pdf

I can pay full excess and it would be covered? £250 for example.

Thank you.
    Audi - Vorsprung durch Technik :D
  • Phoebe-
    Phoebe- Posts: 110 Forumite
    edited 3 August 2010 at 9:37PM
    Options
    Sunroofs aren't covered usually as it's excluded under the glass replacement section, so you would have to pay the full excess, i.e like you said £250 if that's the vol/compulsory excess you have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure