IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Days Out Quick Deals Note discussion
Views: 138,517
Old 02-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #1
MSE Lawrence
Researcher
Serious MoneySaving Fan

For a rundown of some top deals on days out see the

If you've spotted or heard of others, or you've feedback on those I've listed, please post below.

... just click 'post reply' to report new offers

Thanks for your help

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Researcher; 14-06-2010 at 12:44 PM.
MSE Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSE Lawrence For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
rag_doll
Old 09-07-2008, 9:45 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default 'Cheap days out' thread

London 2for1 days out.
'There's a sneaky loophole to get 2for1 tickets for a massive range of London attractions (e.g. the Zoo & London Dungeon) through National Rail's Days Out Guide scheme.........

.......You can print as many vouchers as you like and currently offers are valid til 31 May 2008. Check the individual offer pages for full T&Cs.'

Unless anyone has time-traveller abilities should the date be 31 May 2009?!
FAIRTRADE NOT FREE TRADE

STOP THE BADGER CULL - PLEASE SIGN HM GOVERNMENT E-PETITION
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to rag_doll For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
CherylOB
Old 09-07-2008, 1:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Oyster card 2 for 1 deal

The following deals are available if you have an oystercard: Most are available til 31st August. They have other deals also, including restaurant and theatre discounts, discounted magazine subscriptions, etc.

Check out their website for further information: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/microsites/oysteroffers/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherylOB For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
shellbc
Old 09-07-2008, 2:06 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Discounts and vouchers

Hi there, yeh, check out the website LocalKids.co.uk they have loads of discounts and benefits - okay you do have to join and its about 12 but there is loads of stuff on there like 50% off at Alton Towers and 10 off a family ticket at Cadburys World !!! so you soon get your 12 back in your pocket - howz about that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shellbc For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
whitevan38
Old 09-07-2008, 2:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Chessington World of Adventrues - Toddler pass

If you log on to their website you can print off a voucher for you to pay just 12 for you and a child under 4 years of age.

This voucher is craftily 'hidden' under Groups then Parent and Toddler Club. It is for mid week and set dates only but if you have a pre-school age child why go when the rest of the world is there too during the holidays.

Normal price for the two of you would be 53!! Tesco vouchers only enable you to buy adult price tickets so we founf this a great way to save by buying one adult tickets with Tesco and one adult and child using this voucher so the whole day out cost us just 12 - BARGAIN!

Debbie
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whitevan38 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
lyndysnowbird
Old 09-07-2008, 3:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Hamerton Zoological Park

You can get a saving of a free child entry for two full paying adult tickets. This is a small zoo park in Cambridgeshire near Sawtry, nice and flat, plenty of parking and lots of unusual animals you wouldn't normally see at most zoos. small cafe where you can buy a cuppa and an ice cream but not much else - take a picnic. There is a play area for the kids too. Print your own child free entry form from the website at www.hamertonzoopark.com and have a relaxing day out.
# 7
Winchweight1066
Old 09-07-2008, 5:51 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Go Ape Haldon

Did this last weekend, booked on line for 3 people and it charges you 12.50 each. So in a lot of ways better than a 2 for 1 offer. Also excellent fun, well worth the aches the following day!!!
# 8
hartleyed
Old 09-07-2008, 7:13 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default 2 for 1 entry to Alton Towers plus more with Capri Sun

On the promotional multipacks of Capri Sun, you get three 2 for 1 vouchers to Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Legoland plus more. All vouchers valid up to 09/11/08. See Capri Sun website for T&Cs.

Have fun.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hartleyed For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
bobadobado
Old 09-07-2008, 8:23 PM
MoneySaving Convert

was wondering if anyone knew of any discounts for entrance tickets into Cadburys World.

Want to go with family (4 kids, 3 adults).

btw...I already know Tesco Clubcard holders can get discounts, but I dont have enough points, and the tickets are slightly cheaper on lastminute.com, but not that much.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobadobado For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
sixpack434
Old 09-07-2008, 8:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thank you so much CherylOB. The offer for Islam expo saved me a lot of money
# 11
yinhong
Old 10-07-2008, 7:55 PM
MoneySaving Convert

My local One Stop are selling 2 multipacks (6) of quavers for £1.90. You get 2 vouchers per multipack, so 4 in total.

This'll save you about 10p, if buying 4 normal packs for 50p each (as in my local supermarket).
The Following User Says Thank You to yinhong For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Carmina Piranha
Old 12-07-2008, 1:36 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

the 241 zoo tickets on the cereal packets are also valid at drayton manor park. it's a theme park which includes a zoo. Unlike some other zoos where you would pay extra for the rides this is with all-in entry price of around 24 per adult.

so you can use the cereal packet voucher as a bogof to the theme park, even if you're not interested in the zoo.
'bad mothers club' member 13

* I have done geography as well *
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmina Piranha For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
Carmina Piranha
Old 12-07-2008, 1:39 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitevan38 View Post
If you log on to their website you can print off a voucher for you to pay just 12 for you and a child under 4 years of age.

This voucher is craftily 'hidden' under Groups then Parent and Toddler Club. It is for mid week and set dates only but if you have a pre-school age child why go when the rest of the world is there too during the holidays.

Normal price for the two of you would be 53!! Tesco vouchers only enable you to buy adult price tickets so we founf this a great way to save by buying one adult tickets with Tesco and one adult and child using this voucher so the whole day out cost us just 12 - BARGAIN!

Debbie
I thought under 4's went free at the merlin/tussauds attractions now? alton towers is our local and until recently you had to pay for children who reached a metre tall but they have npw changed things so you only pay for them if they are 4 years or over. i thought my 2 year old was going to need an annual pass of his own this season but they changed the rule, so now you don't have to pay for tall 2 year olds

drayton manor does their own version of the toddler ticket too. It's only during the local term dates which are listed on their website. parent and toddler is 14 as opposed to 24 for normal adult price.
'bad mothers club' member 13

* I have done geography as well *
# 14
newmommyjen
Old 12-07-2008, 2:43 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartleyed View Post
On the promotional multipacks of Capri Sun, you get three 2 for 1 vouchers to Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Legoland plus more. All vouchers valid up to 09/11/08. See Capri Sun website for T&Cs.

Have fun.
http://www.capri-sun.co.uk/mums/2-fo...ut-voucher.php
A smile and manners doesnt cost any thing
# 15
shellbc
Old 15-07-2008, 10:25 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Discount Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobadobado View Post
was wondering if anyone knew of any discounts for entrance tickets into Cadburys World.

Want to go with family (4 kids, 3 adults).

btw...I already know Tesco Clubcard holders can get discounts, but I dont have enough points, and the tickets are slightly cheaper on lastminute.com, but not that much.
Hi Bobadobado!!!! LocalKids do a discount of 10 off per family ticket to Cadburys World, worth lookingat their website. You do have to join and its about 12 for 12months, but you get loads of over discount opportunities as well, like Alton Towers and Diggerland, Pizza places - all sorts of stuff worth a look localkids.co.uk I've saved loads so far, more than got my membership back.......
# 16
skintas
Old 16-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

pizzahut.co.uk/daysout

lots of 2 for 1 days out, just print off
i will be debt free, i will
# 17
PatriciaCB
Old 16-07-2008, 12:13 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

http://www.active-britain.com/discounts.asp
This is a link to Bernard Matthews site for the Little Book Of Summer Fun.
Click on the map for the area you want to visit and print off the vouchers you want.
There is one for 3 for 2 Wristbands at Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2 for 1 Camelot Theme Park
25% off Sandcastle Waterpark at Blackpool
Up to 50 off Haven holidays
2 for 1 Puddletown Pirates

Posted this earlier, (first timer!) can't find it now .....the post I mean !
# 18
Suse H
Old 16-07-2008, 5:34 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up Cheap Days Out

If you live in Staffordshire visit www.thrillhopper.com where you can get a ticket for 40 each which allows you to visit Alton Towers, Drayton Manor Park, Snowdome and Waterworld. You can also get a family ticket for 120 for two adults and two children.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suse H For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
rhinestoneboo
Old 16-07-2008, 11:06 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default drayton manor

log into www.turkeyfortoday.com bernard matthews site then click on blue writing that says click here then click into red writing that says great offers on days out it lets you click on lots of regions all with various offers i used central region which i printed off voucher for 4 pounds off DRAYTON MANOR theme park which i have used without a problem, hope i haven't repeated a post 1st time user be gentle with me LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rhinestoneboo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
pianeet
Old 17-07-2008, 1:15 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

i have put alink on the days out forum for free tickets to warwick castle,well worth a visit if you are in the area