We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

NRAM/Northern Rock PPI delay

Options
I recieved a letter on 17th February from Northern Rock/NRAM saying that I may be due some PPI repayments. I duly sent a response to them and was told I should hear something within 12 weeks. The twelve weeks were up last week but I'm now being told that my enquiry is with the "Review Team" and I should hear something in a further 2-4 weeks.

A work colleague of mine who recieved a letter at the same time as me has recieved a settlement letter and has been paid out while I'm still waiting.

As this money is desperately needed, is there any way I can hurry the process along? Is there anything I can threaten them with so that I can finally get my hands on MY money???!!
The Financial Ombudsman, perhaps?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Comments

• AncientOfMu
    AncientOfMu Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    I recieved a letter on 17th February from Northern Rock/NRAM saying that I may be due some PPI repayments. I duly sent a response to them and was told I should hear something within 12 weeks. The twelve weeks were up last week but I'm now being told that my enquiry is with the "Review Team" and I should hear something in a further 2-4 weeks.

A work colleague of mine who recieved a letter at the same time as me has recieved a settlement letter and has been paid out while I'm still waiting.

As this money is desperately needed, is there any way I can hurry the process along? Is there anything I can threaten them with so that I can finally get my hands on MY money???!!
    The Financial Ombudsman, perhaps?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

You can send it to the FOS but given they are taking up to 12 months to sort cases I would just continue to hassle NRAM until you get a result, be that positive or negative.

As an aside I feel NRAM have been a bit naughty with thier letters they send out as it is worded in such a way as to be a "review" of PPI NOT an investigation into a complaint. So therefore they can quote you 12 weeks (and me 16 to 18 weeks) and not be hauled in front of the FSA whose guidelines say 8 weeks for a final answer. (in a way im not to worried about me as the longer they take its all good for me as im earning £10 a day interest on the redress owed to me, presuming they find in my favour)

Cheers

Mu
    Northern Rock PPI - Sent 05/05/2012 Signed For 10/05/2012
    HSBC Loans/Flexiloan - Sent 24/05/2012 Signed For 25/05/2012 Upheld 24/08/2012 £10,900 refund
    HSBC Credit card -
    Claim ongoing

Chartered Trust PLC Loan - Sent 14/05/2012 Signed For 15/05/2012 Rejected, rebuttal sent.
  • DaveTheTriffids
    Options
    Thanks a lot for that - I will just to continue to hassle them! The fact that (providing they find in my favour) the money is accruing interest, is certainly one of the up sides of waiting so long, I suppose.....
  • rush2112col
    rush2112col Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Hassle them all you like as I did, but still waited 7 months for an offer from the slime balls. No amount of phone calls won`t make any difference to them they are not bothered.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport