We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

NRAM stalling on paying out -anyone having issues?

Options
NRAM have admitted in a letter that they mis-sold me PPI and are going to payback £2500.00. Their letter states money will be in my bank account within 28 days. They have also said that my monthly load repayments will go down from 260.00 per month to 235.00 per month.

I returned (and they have acknowledged receipt of) my acceptance letter on January 20th.

It is now March 5 and I am still waiting for my payout, some 47 days later. Also they have again taken 260.00 for my loan re-payment.

Is anyone else having difficulty getting them to pay out?

Comments

• Rie37
    Rie37 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    we were told the same, that nram would pay the amount into our account "within 28 day" after 32 days and no payment in our account we rang them, they told us it has to go through 3 dept's before paid out and that it is 28 working days? I told them it does not say working days on the letter and gave them 48hours to make the payment, they did and less than 48 hours later it was in our account, i suggest you ring them and chase it up.....good luck
  • marshall76
    Options
    I too have had nothing but sleepless nights from them over the past 2 weeks.

My 28 "working days" was up 2 weeks ago, I spoke to them regulary last week since Monday and each day they told me the funds had been processed and promised it would be in my bank the next day, this went on for a full week and each day my bank account hadn't been credited.

I rang them Friday as I am due to go into Hospital this week for an operation and had planned my finances around this money been promised to me time and time again, I requested a Manger ring 4 times which didn't happen and I'm in bits now worrying about this when I should be worrying more about the operation I'm having.

I'm just worried that they may send a letter saying "We've reviewed your case and you now can't have your money".

My advise would be keep ringing them!!

I'm due a call back today soI'll update on what happens.
  • bossman247
    Options
    spoke to nram again this morning and now been told that due to the high amount of pay outs the 28 days is unattainable by them. They have now said I'll be paid within 5 days as there is a 3 stage process for paying out and I went to stage 3 on 28 feb and once there pay outs take 5 to 10 working days.

I love the way they always say working days...well we'll see I'll give them until friday.

will update then.
  • rush2112col
    rush2112col Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Think that anyone who has even been made an `offer` are the lucky ones. Most of us who sent the questionaire back in October, have`nt even got to that stage with them. I am still waiting for mine. 19 weeks now without a reply!!!
  • REDSHOES
    REDSHOES Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same as rush2112 here. Am still waiting for a reply to the questionaire I sent back last October. Have rung them loads of times, and they just say how busy they are and I should have a reply soon. 18 weeks down the line now, and it looks like if they uphold the complaint, it will take weeks from there. This NRAM PPI Review Team they set up is really useless. Am sure if I sent off the complaint form from this site, it would have been dealt with much quicker,
  • rush2112col
    rush2112col Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    REDSHOES wrote: »
    Same as rush2112 here. Am still waiting for a reply to the questionaire I sent back last October. Have rung them loads of times, and they just say how busy they are and I should have a reply soon. 18 weeks down the line now, and it looks like if they uphold the complaint, it will take weeks from there. This NRAM PPI Review Team they set up is really useless. Am sure if I sent off the complaint form from this site, it would have been dealt with much quicker,

I totally agree with that!!!!!
  • stonzie
    Options
    I also recieved a letter end of last year (2011) from NRAM review team. i remembered having 3 loans with them but never having ppi as i did them on internet always said no to ppi. or so i thought. sent my letter back and have just got reply saying owe me £250.00. will pay in 28 days. not bad for something you didn't know you had.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport