We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Letter from NRAM PPI review team

Options
Hi, I have received a letter from the above regarding an unsecured loan I took out between Jan 2005 and March 2008.

They have sent a checklist and have asked me to review the PPI policy which was added onto the loan. I wasn't aware that it was a single policy that was added to the total amount of the loan, so I have ticked that option and sent it back. They say I may be entitled to a refund and an interest payment of 8%.

Has anyone received similar letters from either NRAM or other companies, and if so what has been the outcome? Not holding my breath that I get anything, but interested in finding out if anyone has received money back from such a letter.

Thanks

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,010 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If you were mis sold you will get redress.
    Fingers crossed.
  • Lucky_Caz
    Options
    I too received this letter. I responded on 11th November and have still not received a reply. When I call them they say that it is 'still with the review team'. Nearly 16 weeks - not impressed with this level of service I have to say.
    Wins so far: Limited edition serving bowl, 2 tickets to Black Eyed Peas at Alton Towers, A years supply of Crunchy Nut Bites, Dettol hand sanitiser x3, Models Own Make up, Bottle of Echo Falls wine, Nivea for Men, £25 on Premium Bonds, Day2Night Rimmel mascara, 500 AClub point, Stroller Roller Pushchair Travel Bag, £65 iTunes vouchers.
  • geeboose
    Options
    Hi,

I received one of these forms from NRAM in the middle of November. I looked out the paperwork of the loan they referred to from 2006 but I wasn't too sure that I had a case so I ignored it. I received another letter from them at the start of December so thought I'd reply, give it a go and see what happens.

I heard nothing until 24th Feb when they sent out an apology and an offer for the PPI! :j

Can't believe how easy it was. I just wish others were as easy to deal with!
  • DaveT34
    Options
    I recieved this same letter in October, filled in the form and sent it back. I havent heard anything since i called them to confirm they had recieved the form. How long should the process take?
  • backpacker21
    Options
    i have also received this letter and have ticked quite a few on the checklist but mainly that I would have had cover under my employment as i recieve full pay whilst I am off for 6 months then half pay + stat sick pay for the following 6 months and I also have life cover with my employment which pays out 3x my salary on death so i think I was mis sold the policy as I would not have been able to claim on it. i don,t know if i have a case but am sending it back anway.
  • abertawe1
    Options
    evening all had same letter last july and got an offer of refund in december ,recieved the money in january but i think there has been a lot of pressure put on the banks to speed up the process good luck .:)
  • pollywolly71
    Options
    Thanks for your responses. Sounds like it will take some time, I'll let you know how I get on! :)
  • black_and_white_2
    Options
    Can anyone help with this one,we recieved letter from nram about ppi back in nov 11,so we filled it in sent it back,and just heard we can have some money back.
    Problem is it asks for bank details and is to be sent to a po box,have just been ripped off with tickets by a po box so am a bit worried.
    Is this normal has any one else had this
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,010 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Can anyone help with this one,we recieved letter from nram about ppi back in nov 11,so we filled it in sent it back,and just heard we can have some money back.
    Problem is it asks for bank details and is to be sent to a po box,have just been ripped off with tickets by a po box so am a bit worried.
    Is this normal has any one else had this

This is ok, if you are concerned ring them they may give you another address, i posted all mine back by normal post, recorded signed for is no use as this is a po box and no signature can be obtained at the other end.
  • Paul_Harlow
    Paul_Harlow Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received letter from NRAM on 17th Jan.
    Saying I was sold a PPI policy on a personnel loan, which was news to me as I didn’t know I had taken out a PPI policy on the loan with Northern Rock between June 2006 and May 2009 for £9000 so ticked the box signed & returned the form.
    Received letter back from them on 27th Feb offering me refund of premium £162.66 plus 8% £55.71 overall refund of £218.37 which seems and lot less then other people on the other forum seem to have been offered for similar loans. which is around £800-£1000 back for same size loan.
    I did not keep any of the paper work for the loan after I finish paying it off, all I can remember that is was a £9000 unsecured loan and the interest rate was very low, that’s why I went with Northern Rock 4.? % rings a bell and paid £276.70 for 36 months so interest paid was £961.20
    Does anyone think the amount I am being offered sounds a bit low Or should I just except it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport