Debate House Prices

Since the Forum relaunch, in order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

Part Exchange On New Builds

This story shows the need to be cautious when part exchanging a house to buy a new build while house prices are falling, it shows you need to make sure contracts are signed asap if this is your intention.

http://www.thisiss!!!!horpe.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=152553&command=displayContent&sourceNode=232468&home=yes&more_nodeId1=152562&contentPK=20753924

Comments

• Treadmill
    Treadmill Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Would you believe it, the link has a swearword in it, so its been !!!!.

Fill in the !!!! yourself, its scun thorpe.
  • Generali
    Generali Posts: 36,411
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Treadmill wrote: »
    Would you believe it, the link has a swearword in it, so its been !!!!.

Fill in the !!!! yourself, its scun thorpe.

AOL used to kick people off the chat boards automatically for saying they can from Scun Thorpe. Seems a little harsh to me but I can understand the sentiment.
  • MrDT
    MrDT Posts: 951 Forumite
    I love it when filters intended to avoid offence result in swearword substrings of perfectly innocent words being highlighted :D

I also chuckle whenever I pass through Shavington-!!!-Griestly and Clitheroe too.
    I know, simple things ;)
  • Generali
    Generali Posts: 36,411
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    There's a place near where I live called Pr@tts B0tt0m. I'm not sure how the filter would cope with that as it's not particularly rude.

It doesn't like it when I call people f.e.c.k.l.e.s.s either.
  • dannyboycey
    dannyboycey Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    It reminds me of http://www.experts-exchange.com/ - I believe the site was running for a few years without the hyphen before they changed it. :p
  • MissMoneypenny
    MissMoneypenny Posts: 5,324 Forumite
    Generali wrote: »
    There's a place near where I live called Pr@tts B0tt0m. I'm not sure how the filter would cope with that as it's not particularly rude.

I lived there for a while when I was a child and kept my horse near there when I was a teenager. We use to call it Pr@ttsies.
    RENTING? Have you checked to see that your landlord has permission from their mortgage lender to rent the property? If not, you could be thrown out with very little notice.
    Read the sticky on the House Buying, Renting & Selling board.

• Kez100
    Kez100 Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    I will never think of Scun Thorpe in the same way again!
  • Gorgeous_George
    Gorgeous_George Posts: 7,964
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's north from Arsenal.

:)

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
  • Kez100
    Kez100 Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    Now it allows that! Obviously can't spell!
  • Gorgeous_George
    Gorgeous_George Posts: 7,964
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    But it doesn't allow !!!!!!! Man Utd.

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure