Thank you to David from Thomsons/TUTV!

Options
I've had problems for the past week with my Thomson PVR as I couldn't delete anything from the library which in turn meant there was no room to record preplanned programmes and the crunch came when it missed recording The Apprentice :eek:

After switching on and off constantly I finally found a help page with a number to call which was answered by David and he guided me through a few steps to sort the problem and I can now delete the programmes already viewed from the library without the box freezing :D

I was all set to return the box to Tesco today for a new one but was concerned that I would have lost all my recordings of IPTW :o

So helpful and good service from the Technical Help desk at Thomsons/TUTV!

Comments

• bubbles0169
    bubbles0169 Posts: 6,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi weve got one of those too but we cancelled the top up tv
    before we cancelled we got stuck on the library too
    i phoned someone up and they fixed it the same as you but its happened again
    as weve cancelled top up tv i cant ring them(which i did originally)
    so need to get hold of thomson
    have you got their number or was it top up you phoned x
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you look in the Main Menu, the No.4 for Set-up, then No.6 for Help you'll find the number there. 08712 712 712 and they ask you to have that information handy when you call. That number seems to be for TUTV so gives various options for you to select, I went for Technical.

If you haven't already done so you can remove all the TUTV stuff from downloading etc which gives you much more room for recording what you actually want.

Actually, try this as I wrote down what I had to do.

key in 1397 and press OK which takes you to Engineer, then go to No.7 Disable library video window, change to yes then press back a couple of times, go to the library and try to delete what you want to and it should work, if it doesn't then I wasn't here :)
  • bubbles0169
    bubbles0169 Posts: 6,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yay it worked thanks v much
    i had two to delete, it got stuck on the second one so had to unplug and start again but it worked again then too
    thanks again
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family