Moneysaving whilst multi-tasking.

A typical frantic sunday for me, but I have just thought about what actualy goes on during my Sunday and wondered how it compares with other DFWs.

I have hired my car out for the day because I didn't need it - so am making a little bit there. I have the printer going at full speed printing some things I sell on Ebay so making a little there. I have the washing machine on, the dishwasher on, the tumble dryer on, I am cooking the roast and in-between am ironing the weeks clothes too - so no-doubt using a fair wedge of electricity. On top of all the the kids are cooking in the kitchen and I am in and out watching over them too.

The best bit is by me doing all this it enables the wife to work and earn a decent amount.

Very busy day for me. And they say men cannot multi-task!

Comments

• Sola
    Sola Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Can we clone you please?
  • bank_of_slate
    bank_of_slate Posts: 12,922
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    *sneaks all her ironing onto Holeypockets pile hoping she doesn't notice the extra tonne of clothes!*
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    We dont count all the runners ahead of us & feel intimidated.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
  • Moneysaving in a family - like marriage - is all abut teamwork
  • *sneaks all her ironing onto Holeypockets pile hoping she doesn't notice the extra tonne of clothes!*
    ...Linda xx

Er I think Holeypockets is a he ;) but good sneak.

Personally I just don't iron:D in fact I use my mini ironing board as my in bed computer table - works like a dream.
    £34,547 (Dec 07); Current debt: £zilch (Debt free December 2010)
    Sealed Pot #389 (2010=£133)
  • bank_of_slate
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well why was he trying on my bra from the ironing pile then?
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
  • Man boobs??
    £34,547 (Dec 07); Current debt: £zilch (Debt free December 2010)
    Sealed Pot #389 (2010=£133)
  • doodledo_2
    doodledo_2 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    So when OH told me men can't iron he was fibbing ! :mad: :rotfl:
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • "Man boobs??" - Damn rumbled!

I am not the best ironer, but it's good enough.
  • bank_of_slate
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They can iron, it just takes them the same time to do 1 shirt as it takes me to do the whole family's!
    ...Linda xx
  • sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    I definatley need a clone of you...or can you have a word with my not so helpful DH
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport